• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Two problems with RealOTS RME

BananaJuice

Reaction score
Hello, I am having two problems with RME from RealOTS.

Problem number one:

When I open the map with RME and save the changes when I enter the game some blackboards and signs appear with characters that should not be there. For example, in the magic shop of Thais, the blackboard appears as follows:

Thais Magic Shop \n\nmana fluid - 55 gold\nlife fluid - 60 gold\nspellbook- 150 gold\nrune - 10 gold

(I assume that "\n" represents a new paragraph)

Problem number two:

When I make a map edit and save the changes and close the RME, when I reopen the program and load the map over the edited map area the RME freezes and stays that way or closes.

Any solution to these two problems?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Hello, I am having two problems with RME from RealOTS.

Problem number one:

When I open the map with RME and save the changes when I enter the game some blackboards and signs appear with characters that should not be there. For example, in the magic shop of Thais, the blackboard appears as follows:

Thais Magic Shop \n\nmana fluid - 55 gold\nlife fluid - 60 gold\nspellbook- 150 gold\nrune - 10 gold

(I assume that "\n" represents a new paragraph)

Problem number two:

When I make a map edit and save the changes and close the RME, when I reopen the program and load the map over the edited map area the RME freezes and stays that way or closes.

Any solution to these two problems?

Thank you very much and best regards.
If you mean the one that was posted somewhere in this thread, then it's not really suitable for use. As far as I remember, it was only made to allow browsing the map, but it lacks options to create or edit. And it was posted without sources, so you won't be able to fix those issues. I also don't think there ever was a usable editor for cip map published. So the best you can do is editting the default RME sources in order to make it work with that format.