• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Two programmers at 80km/h

Correction. One of them mismatch the unit and is running at $/h not km/h :D

Undoubtedly both are very talented but I found here more technical details, explanations and tips from fabian. That's my choice as well :D

Soooo.. that is, we compare a person who optimizes a client... to someone who created his client himself?

Xd?
Fabian:
created his client + free client sources + tfs optimization free sources.
Kondrah:
Editted edubart client, selling for 5k usd, also optimized tfs by kondra was 3k usd don't need to even think about it after comparing some codes with the same idea both wrote it in different ways.
doesn't need a thread to compare between them as person or programmer :)
---
both of them are beasts also kondrah is contributing on his way, just fabian is on another level. I vote for him

I don't think we should be comparing people, especially in a situation like this.
@fabian766 is doing an amazing job with optimized tfs and his own client, let's be grateful by it without diminishing him making silly comparations...

There will be a point where Kondrah only option to remain retaining money from people will be to turn otc as open src, because otherwise people will just run to the alternatives and he'll lose even the chance to sell other stuff (such as shaders).

he'll lose even the chance to sell other stuff (such as shaders).
Oh well those one shitty titty shaders for "creatures" for 150+EUR/$ (don't remember currency) 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣,
yeah.. I hope he will lose that chance because no one in good mind should buy it.

I'm only saying that as our pool of options grow, he will either have to drop otc and move to next option (highly unlikely) or make some moves to keep people still using a solution he's already comfortable working with and has already a shit load of things he could sell without writting any new code.

In terms of effort and effectiveness, the best optin would be to turn it open src. That would mean more servers using OTClient and more potential clients for him. Also since OTClient uses Lua, it would be preferred instead of fabian's client even though being a less optimized option.

The next chapters will be mainly defined by who establishes dominance first. Kondrah has a leverage but of course I would much more prefer to see Fabian's receiving more and more attention and recognition (and donations, ofc), but as he's a lone wolf and he's keeping up with more projects simultaneously he's definetely being the bottleneck for this achievement.

Last edited:
Kondrah is milking the community
My client is a great example of you guys being able to customize it perfectly fine without access to sources.

With all due respect to Fabian, I prefer a bugfree, closed source (which you can use for free) over unpolished (hopefully, yet) open source.
This thread is so out of touch, Kondra is serving you a ready product, while Fabian is still working on it, you are comparing two projects in a different stage of development.

Also, another unpopular opinion - it is better to put a price tag (even if it's high, lol) on your services, instead of serving people bugged code and fix it in your paid thread, later on.

My client is a great example of you guys being able to customize it perfectly fine without access to sources.

With all due respect to Fabian, I prefer a bugfree, closed source (which you can use for free) over unpolished (hopefully, yet) open source.
This thread is so out of touch, Kondra is serving you a ready product, while Fabian is still working on it, you are comparing two projects in a different stage of development.

Also, another unpopular opinion - it is better to put a price tag (even if it's high, lol) on your services, instead of serving people bugged code and fix it in your paid thread, later on.
Well, v8 isn't bug free, but kondra is doing very good job lately with updates and even asking people what they would like to see in v8, a lot of custom features are already added and more is coming (for example my implementation of Progress Bar).
Even Auras and Wings are now open to everyone, all you have to do is get sprites.

There is one big difference, fabian is not here to milk out the community. That's the first and last reason I will always choose this guy over the second one :)

Comes from the guy charging 50€ for something Kondra offers for free 🤔

Fabian is great, his changes to optimize forgottenserver works splendid, and kondra's client has improved the quality of all servers that have started using his client, hopefully fabian's client will be as good.

Nooo, you can't just ask for money for something you have to make from scratch when same thing is included for free in a different, closed source, client!

Haha, logic goes brrrr

Fabian is great, his changes to optimize forgottenserver works splendid, and kondra's client has improved the quality of all servers that have started using his client, hopefully fabian's client will be as good.
no idea who you even are, but if I asked money for something that someone else released for free then probably I was asked to code this? What is even the problem. Should I browse the forums to see if someone already did what someone asks me to do or you just have nothing at me so you gonna come here and say something literally irrelevant?

Back