• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ [ubuntu 18.04]how to compile ignoring warnings on linux.

Diarreamental

Solutions
Reaction score
Helo otland

i have changed to linux and im testing etc im completely new with this OS. I'm trying to compile tfs 1.3 downgraded by nekiro, at windows i have warning hile ompiling but i can't compile the exe succesully anyway, this is not happening on ubuntu, another guy opened the same issue as me at nekiro's git repo.
i know that i should use saint google and type "how to compile ignoring warnings on linux.". and that's what i did i found many solutions all of them different between each others, but i don't understand quite alot how to approach them, could someone be so kind and explain to me how to achieve this n order to compile ignoring warnings on linux?

here is the issue at the git if you want t check
Errors in the last commit · Issue #39 · nekiro/forgottenserver (https://github.com/nekiro/forgottenserver/issues/39)

thanks by reading and the support

Solution
This... seems like deja vu. Oh well, even if you were a bit inconsiderate at the end when I helped you personally and it took hours of my time, easy fix on this one:

In your project root, alter the CMakeLists file

Diff:
-add_compile_options(-Wall -Werror -pipe -fvisibility=hidden)
+add_compile_options(-Wall -pipe -fvisibility=hidden)

This also means the build is now invalid and needs nuked and paved. rm -rfv build && mkdir build
This... seems like deja vu. Oh well, even if you were a bit inconsiderate at the end when I helped you personally and it took hours of my time, easy fix on this one:

Diff:

This also means the build is now invalid and needs nuked and paved. rm -rfv build && mkdir build

Last edited:
Solution

Diff:

everything was a misunderstanding, i never was incosiderate, i just told you that you were behaving a bit childist. u.u
also i never kick you otut from my compter as you said, maybe the net went down, after that i tod you to log in again and you never spoke with me again.

but despite that, i was and i'm more than grateful with you bro <3 .. also you don't remeber that you told me to like all your recent posts?
i did it man...

thanks once again mate you rock

Diarreamental said:
you told me to like your posts

Yep, gotta get my support forum XP. 🧐
hours of time, made longer by constantly interrupting with control lockout even though I wasn't doing anything strange.
maybe the internet went down selectively so I could still see the viewport just fine but not interact 🥴 a mystical net outage
the only misunderstanding here is that I offered to help you, you'd message me and I'd respond within 45 minutes and it would be like 5 whole days before you'd message again, so by the THIRD time you did that, this last time, I decided fuck it, I just want this out of the way. And then what should have taken 30 minutes took hours. And yes, I was livid by the end because I was minutes before bed when you finally messaged me again that night. And you framed me being frustrated by that level of imposition as "childish"

And you didn't even mark the post as best answer in that thread.

🤷‍♂️ but hey, fuck me right.

Diff:

didn't worked bro
Code:
/home/rata/Desktop/TFS772-1.3/src/combat.cpp: In static member function ‘static void Combat::doAreaCombat(Creature*, const Position&, const AreaCombat*, CombatDamage&, const CombatParams&)’:
/home/rata/Desktop/TFS772-1.3/src/combat.cpp:831:11: error: variable ‘playerCombatReduced’ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
      bool playerCombatReduced = false;
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/build.make:226: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/combat.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/combat.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:99: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
rata@la-rata:~/Desktop/TFS772-1.3/build$

error persist i edited cmakelist.txt inside theforgottenserver folder
Yep, gotta get my support forum XP. 🧐
hours of time, made longer by constantly interrupting with control lockout even though I wasn't doing anything strange.
maybe the internet went down selectively so I could still see the viewport just fine but not interact 🥴 a mystical net outage
the only misunderstanding here is that I offered to help you, you'd message me and I'd respond within 45 minutes and it would be like 5 whole days before you'd message again, so by the THIRD time you did that, this last time, I decided fuck it, I just want this out of the way. And then what should have taken 30 minutes took hours. And yes, I was livid by the end because I was minutes before bed when you finally messaged me again that night. And you framed me being frustrated by that level of imposition as "childish"

And you didn't even mark the post as best answer in that thread.

🤷‍♂️ but hey, fuck me right.
" but hey, fuck me right." please do not put words in my mouth that i havent said
about to the net thing a many other things... do no split yours hairs bro ther is no hidden agenda in here
regarding to liking post maybe i forgot that one but i liked mny of other posts o.o
dude if you were near to go to bed yousimply couldtold me that so we could do the fix the other day...
anyway thanks for all once again

ok,

in the root of your project folder
nuke build folder
rm build -rfv
find where werror is
grep werror ./ -Ri

if that doesn't work, check your ENV variables
env | grep -Pi "error|unused"

solved THANK YOU A LOT
Post automatically merged:

ok,

in the root of your project folder
nuke build folder
rm build -rfv
find where werror is
grep werror ./ -Ri

if that doesn't work, check your ENV variables
env | grep -Pi "error|unused"
im gonna try with otclien now, do you remember what did you change into cmake in order to compile otc succesfully in this OS?

Nope. Check the bash history of when I helped you over remote 🤷‍♂️

I just hack on so much software tracking down compile problems has become a finely honed skilled for me.

It's often easier for me to examine the expected linker parameters and compile all the needed packages than follow some half-hearted build README

Back