• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved ubuntu 20.04.1lts phpmyadmin nginx mariadb

ixSkeeted

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score
For some reason I cant seem to get phpmyadmin to work. I followed this guide "Running your first ubuntu linux OT - OTS Guide (https://docs.otland.net/ots-guide/running-your-first-linux-web-and-otserver)". The only thing I did different was the installation of my phpmyadmin. The reason was because it was poping up a blew screen asking about setting something up. I would click yes and it would fail. So after searching the forums I found "Compiling - How i compile OTXSERVER 3.8 on UBUNTU 20.04? Help please. (https://otland.net/threads/how-i-compile-otxserver-3-8-on-ubuntu-20-04-help-please.279642/#post-2685143)" So I did what he said but downloaded the newer version phpmyadmin 5.2.1. From what the first guide stated I should be able to access phpmyadmin with ip/2344. That leads to a 404 error. When I type ip/phpmyadmin, I just get a white screen. I also seen something in regards to symbolic linking Ive tried a few thing there with no luck. I do want to note I'm using php 8.1.2. So when I made the two config files I did change it from php7.4-fpm.sock to 8.1-fpm.sock. I figured those two config files need to correspond to the version of php I'm using. Before changing them I did try leaving them 7.4. I'm using a fresh install of ubuntu 20.04.1LTS. Ive seem to have good luck with compiling otclients and also some distro's even with the issue that arouse. But phpmyadmin has me stumped. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm very new to linux but very interested in learning it. If you have some recomondation on certin areas of the operating system or functions of it I should read up on I'm all ears.

Solved:
Spending 20hrs+ trying to solve why otland linux guide was not working. Just to find out you were typing the url wrong. Priceless...
Solution:
127.0.0.1/2344 does not = 127.0.0.1:2344. FacePalm

Last edited:
right that your problem is at this moment -Configuring php

you must correctly change the installed php version for this part... i always have this problem when i reinstall my vps

right that your problem is at this moment -Configuring php

you must correctly change the installed php version for this part... i always have this problem when i reinstall my vps

Here are some screenshots of what I've got going on.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-23-36.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-23-36.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 11 · VirusTotal
  • Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-22-44.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-22-44.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 10 · VirusTotal
  • Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-22-10.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-22-10.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 11 · VirusTotal
  • Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-21-34.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-21-34.png
    98 KB · Views: 11 · VirusTotal
  • Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-20-29.png
    Screenshot from 2023-02-12 10-20-29.png
    203.5 KB · Views: 12 · VirusTotal
So I ended up doing a reinstall of Ubuntu out of frustration. I followed "This Guide".

When the prompt came up for apache or light, I hit tab to un-select both option and then hit ok. Then when the second prompt came up in regards to configuring phpmyadmin data base or dbconfig-common. I selected no. Then I just did what the guide said. I did at the end up create a symbolic link. But it may not of been necessary. It wasnt working at first so I created the link. But then remembered I need to restart Nginx. And found an error with that. Once I fixed the error I had already created the link
" sudo ln -s /usr/share/phpmyadmin /var/www/html "

I'm current able to connect to phpmyadmin with localhost/phpmyadmin.

I may google how to remove the "ln" to see if phpmyadmin still works with out it.
If someone knows the code off the top of there head plz share lol else if Ill report back once I've tested.

-Edit So using "this guide" Apprently it uses Snippets so there is no need to "ln". I'm assuming that the phpmyadmin.conf file inside of snippets leads it to the main directory of phpmyadmin so "ln" is not nessesary. I'm not sure of the pros and cons to this, but it works. Any explanations would me awesome.

NGINX:
location /phpmyadmin {
    root /usr/share/;
    index index.php index.html index.htm;
    location ~ ^/phpmyadmin/(.+\.php)$ {
        try_files $uri =404;
        root /usr/share/;
        fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php8.0-fpm.sock;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
        fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
    }

location ~* ^/phpmyadmin/(.+\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|html|xml|txt))$ {
        root /usr/share/;
    }
}

Last edited:
Back