• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ubuntu - Compiling.. :s

Reaction score
I downloaded Ubuntu (7.10) today.. I'm fresh! Don't know shit.. :D Used linux like once before, but with assistance from a mate that pretty good with it.. etc..
So I know a little.

Got any links for me? Searched for it on google.. and i found some codes and shit, but i dont know what to do with em.. ( compile? save as a file? (What kind of file?) etc..)

lol :D Well, i got the asio libs fixed.. some other stuff now.. compilig so i can check out the error again, will edit soon.
(click for bigger)

Last edited:
I hate Ubuntu, but here it goes..

You apparently don't have boost(_system), so get it with apt-get.. or something, sorry I haven't lately be on pcs..

Code:
wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/asio/boost_asio_0_3_8.tar.gz && tar -xf boost_asio_0_3_8.tar.gz && cp -ar boost_asio_0_3_8/boost/* /usr/include/boost/ && g++ boost_asio_0_3_8/libs/system/src/error_code.cpp -c -o /usr/lib/libboost_system.a

Code:
error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent directory.
In my build folder i got two files:
jamfile and jamfile.v2

edit: didnt se your post tala, trying that now.

Tala, when i do your's i just get insanely many errors.. I havent checked em all, but i think they all are "No such file or directory"
I just ran the command, i dont know what else to know, neither what all the different commands mean. :D thanks for any further help ^^

Last edited:
Code:
error: Could not find parent for project at '.'
error: Did not find Jamfile or project-root.jam in any parent directory.
In my build folder i got two files:
jamfile and jamfile.v2

edit: didnt se your post tala, trying that now.

Tala, when i do your's i just get insanely many errors.. I havent checked em all, but i think they all are "No such file or directory"
I just ran the command, i dont know what else to know, neither what all the different commands mean. :D thanks for any further help ^^

Ahh, create an empty file called project-root.jam
sudo touch project-root.jam

Then go in cd /usr/share/boost-build/
and nano user-config.jam and uncomment whats under here
# Configure gcc (default version)
so it look like
# Configure gcc (default version)
using gcc ;

and go back and run bjam

EDIT:
When it's done you'll see a bin folder with the jam files. In there you just move the .so file into /usr/lib
sudo mv boost_system.so /usr/lib

Last edited:
@up, i tried, and i got libboost_system.so only (and it was located in ~/bin/gcc/debug/). tried putting it in the /usr/lib folder, but i still get the same error when i try to compile.

Maybe something is fucked with my boost? :S i didnt install it myself. some mate did it for me, ssh. if anyone wanna help me via ssh (putty) i can give info on that, and tell you were stuff is located etc.
how can i re-install boost? :D I'm fresh with Ubuntu :D

@up, i tried, and i got libboost_system.so only (and it was located in ~/bin/gcc/debug/). tried putting it in the /usr/lib folder, but i still get the same error when i try to compile.

Maybe something is fucked with my boost? :S i didnt install it myself. some mate did it for me, ssh. if anyone wanna help me via ssh (putty) i can give info on that, and tell you were stuff is located etc.
how can i re-install boost? :D I'm fresh with Ubuntu :D

Well, this solves your error, if others were created by talas command. Then you have a new problem. If you can get on IRC it is so much better to chat than here.

Sure, whats the server & channel name?

Edit: found out, its #forgottenserver@quakenet if anyone else wanna know: D

Edit2: @ down. kk :D

Last edited:
Code:
wget http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/asio/boost_asio_0_3_8.tar.gz && tar -xf boost_asio_0_3_8.tar.gz && cp -ar boost_asio_0_3_8/boost/* /usr/include/boost/ && g++ boost_asio_0_3_8/libs/system/src/error_code.cpp -c -o /usr/lib/libboost_system.a

Thanks!! Finally I compiled it, thanks Talaturen.

Back