• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux ubuntu Notepad++

ixSkeeted

Premium User
Premium User
Reaction score
So I like using Notepad++ to edit my files. But my website is in a root folder. Notepad++ wont open these because of permissions.

My thoughts to solve this was to move my website to a non root folder such as /home/www/html and then create a 'ln' to the var/www/html folder. Would this work?
Any thoughts on the matter?

Or should I just stick to using nano.

EDIT:
So I tried moving the file to /home/www/html and creating a 'ln' to /var/www/html But that did not work. lol Ive also tried changing privileges to the www folder where my AAC is located which was proabably a bad idea. And still no luck. But i think for that i would have to change the permission of root its self which I KNOW is not a good idea. Being that is the start of the directory. Ex. root/var/www/html

Only other thing I can do is keep a back up and edit the files in the back up and then move said files. Kind of annoying. I also did try changin the default file in nginx and that didnt work either but i may of type it wrong it shows like root /var/www/html. I think i tried something like root /home/skeet/www/html and /~/www/html and probably a couple other things.

Last edited:
Back