• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[UK/England] 8.4 100% custom server, 'Beta' test. Higher EXP rate.

Adjy

Reaction score
Alancia.servegame.org

Quick summary for those of you not interested in the somewhat essay style description below:

I'm re-opening my 'new and improved' server for testing, with a higher exp rate for you to play around, try and abuse bugs, discuss with me how the server is going and what changes should be make. I will also be looking to recruit tutors, gms, cms and possibly gods for those of you interested in joining into the development side of the server. At the bottom are some pictures of the server, thanks for reading, all be it the smaller, more brief description. :thumbup:

Detailed description:

I'm attempting to revive an "old" 8.4 server I once had online, that I had to close due to circumstances beyond my control. I've since been updating, repairing and revamping the server, building up for its re-release.

I'm going to open the server for a while, i've not really decided how long yet, there are certain features held back, certain areas hidden and closed and certain areas restricted to staff (positions available, get intouch)

The exp rate will be dramatically increased to let you explore the areas I wish you to test and explore further. I don't expect a huge amount of players to flood to the server, as I will not be saving the stats you gain, this is just an opportunity for those of you interested to play a part in improving the server, to get your bearings so to speak should you decide to play, and to simply have fun for a while whilst I attempt to improve and grow the server.

I have disabled most quests, as they are major plot points in the servers story line, and I doubt you would be able to complete them in the time frame i'm giving you on the server (a few days, a week maybe.)

Once more, I do not expect the server to suddenly become flooded, so please for the critical, or those of you who are planning to "flame" this thread don't bring down the server, this is mearly a chance for you to have fun, for you to try and form teams and such for the opening of the server, for me to listen to feedback on the server, and a method of recruitment for myself.

I'll post two or three pictures in hope to intice you to have a look around atleast, and to show you the route I intend to take with the server, and the work that has gone & is going into it.

I will much appriciate any participation in the 'beta' testing of the server, and look forward to speaking with you, and discussing the server and look forward to the possibility of recruiting you as part of the community.

Thanks. :D

For those of you that remember the server, I look forward to seeing you again, and I apologies for the vanishing act. I hope you enjoy the updates and changes, and look forward to welcoming you back to Alancia.

P.s. I'm sorry, I have no idea how to re-size them.

The exp rate has gone from 30 usually, to 130. Loot is at 8 from 4, skills are at 30 from 20 and finally magic is 6, from 4. Sorry, I forgot to include that.

There is also a website, but no-ip.com is playing up, so for the time being, the website is the same as the I.P - Alancia.servegame.org, though tis will be somewhat out of date.

Thanks.