• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Unable to Edit Map - Repeated Error - Please Help

xSable

Reaction score
So here's the deal. I wanted to get back into OTs. Used to run two servers, everything worked fine. Used an 8.6 and a 7.6.

I wanted to start up a 7.6, but now I'm having an issue. A major issue.

From the beginning:

Downloaded the Yurots Server release for 7.6 from open-tibia.com to get started.

Downloaded RME, because mapping is the first thing I worry about, being the ground zero for my server.

(Side note, I can't find any working link to an item editor for 7.6. Any help with that is also appreciated.)

First, I open the server after changing the IP in config file. Then I use an IP changer (Asprate) and a 7.6 client, and login. It works just fine. No issues at all. I even moved all three characters to the point where I would be editing beforehand, so I wouldn't need to deal with the issue of changing their coords. I logout, and close the server.

So now I open up the map in RME, test.otbm is it's name. I don't change the name in anyway throughout this, so I don't need to change the config for which map to load.

After all of my editing, I save the map, close RME, and attempt to open up the server again. I want to see how it's looking in Tibia. Unfortunately, the black cmd window starts up, and disappears. It happens so fast I can't even see what it says. So I keep trying and trying, and what I can make out is this.

"FATAL: couldn't determine map format! exiting2"

Why is this happening?

I tried it again with the Thunder Tiger release, and same drill, it all works no problem. Different server, different map.
I changed 2 floor tiles, and saved, and when I tried to load it, same issue.

Help me please, this is a huge issue.

Without a map, there is no server. Period.

-X

I managed to get a screenshot of the Thunder Tiger cmd window when it was happening. NOTE: Even though it says SimOne in map description, that's just what was saved on that map. I used RME.

i39jro.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Affff....... goo to the config.lua and edit the world location

Never changed the name or location of the map. It's still in the same folder, with the same map location. So I'm not sure what you mean.

- - - Updated - - -

New information. This time I got a fresh load of it all, and only changed config for my IP.

Loaded map in RME, and didn't edit anything... Just loaded it. Saved it. Closed it.

Does the same thing. Fatal error and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump

Really need some help with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I have still been trying to fix this. So I started with a fresh setup, and this time I tried with simone. If I load it, save it, and close it. It screws up.

How do I just start a brand new map from scratch and make it work.

Bump

Still gotten no help. Not even links? Come on people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest you to use RME, it's easier. Probably there are something in SimOne's map editor that overwrite the compatibility of the map file. Try RME and report any errors.

I would suggest you to use RME, it's easier. Probably there are something in SimOne's map editor that overwrite the compatibility of the map file. Try RME and report any errors.

That's the thing, I've used both. Even said that before. It went like this.

Downloaded a fresh copy of the Yurot 7.6 server, load up server, log in. MAP WORKING. Close server. Open Map in SimOne, edit nothing, just save again. Start server. SERVER WON'T START.

Downloaded a fresh copy of the Yurot 7.6 server, load up server, log in. MAP WORKING. Close server. Open Map in RME, edit nothing, just save again. Start server. SERVER WON'T START.

I can't edit the map at all without the server not working again.

Would anyone mind downloading the Yurot, changing config to their ip, and seeing this problem themselves?

I downloaded it here >>> Open-Tibia.com Downloads

On the left, click servers.
Scroll down to 7.6
The server I downloaded is Yurot 0.9.4D

Download it, make sure the server starts up without issues. (The black command window.)
After it does, close it, load the map in RME, and without doing anything else, save it. Don't change anything in the map at all, just load and save.
Then see if it starts again.

If I'm the only one having this issue, then I need to know so I can find out how others are doing it.

-X

Bump

Anyone tried it?

Bump Again.

This problem still plagues me. I'd just start from ground zero and make an entire server from scratch, but this seems like a much more solvable issue than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a same problem with my server, when Im not edit the map the server work, when I put any stuf, wall, item, or somelike that the server won't start, cmd just dissaper

Why not try to copy the items.otb to the remeres items folder?...
copy "Server/Data/Items/Items.otb and Items.xml" to folder "C:/Program Files/RME/Data/760"
and open again your map and save it with the new items.otb and items.xml, this may work for you... regards

Trying to bump this issue up since I've got the same problem myself and I can't seem to find a single solution on the internet.

Yurots 094f is the map used.

Step 1: Edit anything on the map, or simply just save it once it's been opened with remeres.
Step2: Boot the server. The server will boot and shutdown within a second.

"World T" is the final thing shown in the control panel. Filmed it and had to play/paus like 30 times before I got to see what actually happens, and it doesn't say anything after that because of how fast the server shuts down.

Did try @lokolokio tip without progress.
Tried to shrink the map dimensions aswell, didn't work.

Back