• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unbelievable Realism in a Voxel Engine

MindRage

Toss Me
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/user/MCeperoG/videos?view=0

There is a full bunch of videos here. But I have to say that some engine were exciting, Such as Blockscape and stuff.
But watching this. just blew my mind.

Things to take notice.

*Really far distance view.
*Smooth terrain and realistic texturing.
*There is no water so far.

There is a ton of information on his development blog, incase you are somewhat into that: Procedural World

I posted his channel since i couldn't really pick a favorite video :3

For a dynamic world that can be changed with the click of a button(literally) in real time, the graphics are impressive
Minecraft showed the world another way to play games, and this is taking it to the next level, I'd really like to see where they'll put this engine into use

You judge by the cover. Unreal is a commercial pregenerated static engine made for multiple games. It cannot be used as a voxel engine.
You cant put it on the same category since their purpose is completely different.
Voxelfarm is also made by one person. Its no way he could put in the effort of 300+ payed personell into his own engine. Yet what he has done is still far more impressing since compared to other projects of same category is no where near the realism of this engine.

Last edited:
Back