• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unnamed [PVP] server Discussion. Ongoing project of mine.

Nemphis

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
-
I've been working on a pvp server for some time now, progress have been on and off, depending on whats going on in Life so thats why its taken so long. over a year.
What I've been creating, with the help of a friend, is something small and petite. Nothing big really. If a proffesional had my idea on paper, he could make the server rather quickly. I shall try to explain.

The idea is that you could log in to this server and just have fun for 30 minutes, log out again and come back in next day or in Three Days. I have even been thinking of just having the server online specifik hours so people know when to log in. Since its a pvp server you can't really do anything if you are the only one online, so If players know when its online, the bigger the chance for more people. Could be stupid, but eh. Dont know what to do with this yet.

The server is client 10.98 and i might go with OTclient. Dont know yet.

-
So. You create your character as an Arcanist, Knight, Ranger or Druid(for now). Without items all vocations have the same Health/mana, all vocations run the same speed unless you have spells or other stuff that could increase it. When ever a Death occurs you dont loose items, skills, levels and you dont log out. You just teleport away and is ready to go back in the fight.
Level, skill advancement and experience has been de-activated.
(been thinking of making all players level 1, still same hp and shit, but activated exp. you dont get anything by leveling up. It only shows how much you play)
I tried to make each vocation fun and exclusive with their own roles. Their spells gives them choices on what to do in combat, you cant do Everything. Make a choice and live or die with that decision. Example for this is the Arcanist. When the arcanist gets buffed from Arcane explosion, he can choost to either use his buff for a stun, extra damage or larger damage area.

ITEMS
*Level zero items dont do anything special but level 1 and up gives you higher skills/hp/mana, which increase your performance in battle. The difference is not huge, but it will make a clear difference in 1v1.
*FOOD - Health and mana regeneration while on Food has been increased greatly. If you get damaged the food will go off.
*All vocations have their own unique armors, weapons and offhands. (my very own sprites(removed most of them cause they suuuuck), a few original re-colored + OpenTibia-Sprite-Pack from Otland).
*The OFFHAND item. This is a bonus spell from item level 1 and up. Just right-click to activate with a cooldown for 60 seconds.
*Mounts can not be used in combat.
*One thing they all have in common is the "Dull Ring".

The Dull Ring you can change for free when ever you want. BUT, you cant remove it, EVER EVER EVER. It is yours and yours only.
Dragon Ring -------- When you DIE you explode and cause big damage on everyone around you.
Necromancer Ring - When you kill a player(last hit) you gain a new friend that aids you in combat. You can have many of these.
Haste Ring --------- Makes you run faster.. kind of boring, but helpful.
Rage Ring ---------- When you DIE you spawn your inner angry spirit upon your enemy. If it kills a player, you dont get anything(But i will fix this).
Need ideas of more rings. Maybe damage increase, skill increase by 5/10. enables critical strikes, hp leech. idk.

Hydra Spirit Ring - Paralyze everyone on X radius on Death --thanks Vizjus for idea
Elemental Rings - Apply condition to everyone around fire,poison,energy etc upon Death --thanks Vizjus for idea
Special rings - % chance to cast some magic spell upon getting hit, Hitting, Casting some spell,Death --thanks Vizjus for idea

The idea with the rings is that eventually, you will know how people behave in combat. But you never know what ring they use and what kind of boost they have.)

Currencies - These are the type of currencies you will encounter.
*GOLD COINS - obtain gold from players, monsters, bosses, events, chests.
with GOLD COINS you can buy
  • gems which are needed to upgrade weapon and offhand items.
  • Food.
  • Mounts
  • One-time overpowered spell scrolls.(These are not in the game yet, but will be.)
*HONOR - obtain from killing players and honor tokens, which is looted from bosses, events.
Honor is required to buy Powders and other stuff.

*GREEN, BLUE and YELLOW POWDER. - obtain green ones from players and npcs. Higher level from bosses and events and upgrading powder.
Your first items is Brown. Which sux tbh. You need 5 green powder to upgrade to green item level, then 5 blue and then 5 yellow. i Think you understand the system.
If you need blue powder you need 5 greens, which becomes 1 blue. 5 blues becomes 1 yellow.

VOCATIONS.
What calculates into the damage output from a character is depending on their main skill.
Each weapon and spell have Base Damage + their main skill.
  • Arcanist that starts with mlvl 100 with full level 0 items(Brown items) does no additional damage.
  • Same player with full green items have mlvl 114. He does 14 extra damage on all spells. Min and Max damage.
  • Same player again with full blue items have mlvl 126. That would be 26 additional damage each spell if you compare to green level.
  • Same player once more but this time full yellow: mlvl 141. Thats pretty damn good extra output if you ask me.
  • A green level VS a yellow level. Not fair at all.
  • 2 green players VS 1 yellow level. Yellow will most likely loose.

::VOCATION SPELLS::
Arcanist:
  • Arcane Blast (Buff = Add 1 second stun)
  • Arcane Missiles. (Shoot 3 small missiles. Buff = shoot 1 extra missile)
  • Arcane Explosion. (Damage to all around caster. (Buffs player + unlock wand until decay)
  • Arcane Beam. (Buff = increase size)
  • Arcane Reaction. (Shoot a missile that bounce up to 4 random targets)
OFFHAND: Enables Magic Shield on self for a few seconds.

Knight:
  • Strike. (Normal attack against 1 target. Buff = base damage increase by 50% and ignore armor + defence.)
  • Cleave. (Swing your weapon infront of you and damage up to 3 targets at once.)
  • Thunder Clap. (aoe damage that apply bleed on all targets that got hit)
  • Haste.
  • Shield Bash. (damage infront of you + 2.5sec stun + Buffs player)
OFFHAND: Increasing SHIELDING skill greatly.

Druid:
  • Transform weapon(wand) between Damage/Healing
  • Nature essence(Shoot nature at enemy / Heal target.
  • Decrease targets magic level / increase targets magic level by +-50% for a small time
  • Summon 4 "spit nettle" around you that casts poison on your foes for 10 seconds. If they are not killed, they heal druid by 100 each when they dissapear. / Spawn bushes infront of you to block enemies path.
  • weak paralyze around self / Heal Self
OFFHAND: Use effect: Put a powerful Heal-over-Time spell on yourself with the cost of reducing walking speed to zero.

Ranger:
  • Quick fire. (3 current arrows quickly after each other)
  • Set Trap down on the ground. Activates when enemy walks on it. Havent decided what happends.
  • Depending on arrow equipped: normal arrow = Cripple shot. (Paralyze target for a short time) // explosive arrow = 3x3 dmg.// Poison arrow = reduce shielding by 50%)
  • Change arrow type. (Normal arrow/Explosiv arrow/poison Arrow)
  • Sniper Shot. (strong Self Paralyze for 5 seconds and then shoot an Arrow with high damage.)
OFFHAND: Go Invisible a few seconds.

The map.
the World is tiny. Just a small camp with a few npcs, battlegrounds, event rooms(that you can enter every 30 minutes) and an Arena in the center with Free-for-all. Kill or be Killed.

Battlegrounds
Just the normal stuff i guess.
  • Free for all. first player to get X kills wins.
  • Team battleground. Same as #1 but in teams.
  • Capture the flag.
  • Conquer zones.
Events:
Event portal pop up every full and half hour at a specifik spot, every single time. the events are random. Non of these work, but we will make them work if people Think the server is … not shit.
1#34728 2#347293# 34730

• 1. Work together and kill the spawning monsters until the boss appears. If you kill the boss within X minutes, everyone wins a price. Picture 1#
  • First to use the item in the middle Transforms to a Monsters. The monster gets new look and new spells. If monster dies, the item appear again in the middle. First monster to kill X amount of players first, wins. Picture 2#
  • King of the hill. First to get X points wins. First floor gives 1 point/sec, second floor gives 2 Points/sec. third floor gives 3points/sec and middle spot gives 5. Picture 3#

ARENA BOSSES

*The Arena is special cause when every 100th Death inside the arena, a level 1 boss will spawn. The player that made the 100th kill is the owner and this means that if he survives the fight, he gets a special loot chest. IF HE DIES. Everyone else get something from this chest.
*The boss itself Always have loot, first player to loot gets it.
*When a boss dies, inside the arena 4 CHESTs will spawn that anyone can loot, of course only the first player that gets there.
This means that there is 3 loot chances when a boss dies. Special chest, 4 random chests in the arena and the boss itself.
*When a boss is spawned the only way to leave the arena is DEATH.
-
THE END
I do want to say: AND LOTS MORE OF STUFF but that would be a lie. A few more stuff and details but, more fun to find them yourselves.
I want the server to be simple and easy to understand. No shop or donations will be available during beta. If beta survives, donations and shop will go online.
The shop will include items that no1 needs. They will not change your performance in any way. Outfits and spell animations.

Hope you guys like it. I dont know when the BETA will go live, but i'll tell you guys. no worries. Chiao.

edited 16th februari

Attachments

Last edited:
For me its a great idea ;). I will definitely play it xD. Love the idea of custom events, would really want even more of them :D. With things like You have to run somewhere use some thing on something then its something unlocks etc. Would love too events for teamplay - like there are 2 parties of x people and they have to cooperate with doing some stuff to win ;p.

Hydra Spirit Ring - Paralyze everyone on X radius on death
Elemental Rings - Apply condition to everyone around fire,poison,energy etc upon death
Special rings - % chance to cast some magic spell upon getting hit, Hitting, Casting some spell,Death

For me its a great idea ;). I will definitely play it xD. Love the idea of custom events, would really want even more of them :D. With things like You have to run somewhere use some thing on something then its something unlocks etc. Would love too events for teamplay - like there are 2 parties of x people and they have to cooperate with doing some stuff to win ;p.
I have other events in mind aswell. One of them is from when you are a kid. All players start at one side, together. Then they hear a voice and they must run to the other side. Last man over may not join next round. So here players can use their spells to slow down others, paralyze, stuns, objects.. etc. would be really fun to play ;D

Hydra Spirit Ring - Paralyze everyone on X radius on death
Elemental Rings - Apply condition to everyone around fire,poison,energy etc upon death
Special rings - % chance to cast some magic spell upon getting hit, Hitting, Casting some spell,Death

I like the ideas. They are not that difficult to make either. thanks:)!

I have other events in mind aswell. One of them is from when you are a kid. All players start at one side, together. Then they hear a voice and they must run to the other side. Last man over may not join next round. So here players can use their spells to slow down others, paralyze, stuns, objects.. etc. would be really fun to play ;D

I like the ideas. They are not that difficult to make either. thanks:)!
Glad to help. Maybe consider spells that double stack e.g exori vis that hits twice and similar perhaps when wearing some quest weapon or a double attack ring or in general faster speed attack rings that last for 5-10 charges (attacks ) that should be a bit harder if you like challenge

I was able to test this server yesterday.
Knights need a little bit of a buff (mainly speed). OP cat is OP 👍 (fire breathing cat from hell).
Needs a little bit more work until it's done but I see the potential.
5/7 🤪

A week ago from today i had a test drive with a couple of friends. We played for like 1h, it was fun. We found a few bugs that was easily fixed and we tweaked classes a bit for better balancing.

Im going to have a second test drive with friends soon and we're going to get some more balancing. If it goes well i have no reason not to put it online as a BETA.

*I've changed a few druid spells to something else that makes more sense to their nature regarding life and water.

*You can now use mount in protection zone. You can ways be on a mount unless you are in combat.

*With my recent discovery on an old thread about onHealthChange made it possible to complete one of my arena bosses.
It also opened up more ring options.
-life ring. Increases healing taken by 20%.
-protection: physical ring. Reduce damage taken from physical effect by 5%.
-protection: magic ring. Reduce damage taken from all magic damage by 5%.

*Instead of increasing shielding for knights by 100/150/200% when they use their shield ability it will now decrease damage taken by 50/70/90% physical damage and 20/40/60% magic damage.

*Arcanist offhand ability will no longer put a boring magic shield on self. It will instead heal the arcanist by 20/30/40% of all incoming damage for a couple of seconds.

I will open a closed beta soon and invite people from this forum. Pm me if you are interested.

*Receiving honor and gold from killing players inside arenas is reduced greatly.
On the other side, in battlegrounds it's increased a lot.
-This will make battlegrounds more attractive.

*A Free for all Battleground had been added
-go solo or team up. Do what ever you like in Town of Gonn.

Inside Town of Gonn a strange shopkeeper sells mysterious scrolls for gold.. what could it be used for?

*last hit on players gives 50% honor. The other 50% goes to the person who did the most damage.
If you are both of these parts you get 100%.

*Many bugs have been found and fixed already.

Druid:
The spell that increase/decrease magic level on target as been replaced with 2 different waves. Dmg and healing wave.(You are not healed by this wave)

The paralyze has been replaced with poison cloud on self and up till 2 squares from you.

*Necromancer ring. Fixed.
Depending on the vocation on who you kill you will summon a Skeleton Fighter, Skeleton Mage or Skeleton Archer.(all have their own outfit.)

New rings:
Vampire ring: if you get the last hit on a player you receive 20% of your maximum. Health.

Items upgrade:
*Armors give 0/5/10/15% increased max health.
*Legs reduce incoming damage by 0/1/2/3% physical or magic damage depending on what vocation you are.
*boots increase walking speed slightly the better boots you have.

"OVERKILL!!" Damage is new with bosses.
If you think you have a way to avoid the ulti from a boss and survive, think again. If you don't do what's intended to survive... you die.

-The level 1 boss "Exploding Kitten" has been reskinned and enlarged to 64x64 from a normal cat.
-The level 2 boss "Geomancer" is also reskinned and enlarged to 64x64 from a normal Dwarf Geomancer.
- -boss corpses are now unpassable.

My mind just recently came across a new idea for two new bosses. I hope it will be fun to kill and not too hard to figure out.

Last edited:
A small update.
*All the major systems that was needed for the server to be functioning is now in place.
*the three different powders have been removed and replaced with honor basically.

*There is now an armor vendor for each vocation and two vendors that sells weapons and offhand. Physical- and magical weapons and offhands.
----just say hi, upgrade, helmet/armor or legs and he will know what piece you are using and upgrade that to the next level for the cost of Honor.

*when 100 players has been killed in PvP in the arena a random level one boss spawns. He will drop a specific stone that will summon a level 2 boss if you have at least two of this item, and so on.

The server is very close to beta, just a few more lines of code and we are ready to go.

Current arena bosses:
Exploding Kitten:
*Sometimes he stops to cast fire around self. You should move away from this.
*ulti: teleports to center to cast something special. You should move away from this.
Bigotaur:
*cleaves in front of self.
*strong normal hit.
*when 2nd phase begins he gains 100% more power and 25% damage protection.
*when third phase begins he gains additional 100% power and 75% damage protection.
*ulti: if you don't move away from this you get a one way ticket to temple. Harder to avoid for each phase.
*when a new phase begins he does aoe damage around self.
Geomancer:
*Changes between 4 elements(outfits).
*depending on outfits he does different spells.
*ulti: teleports to his respective corner of that element in the arena and explodes. -what can you do to prevent death? That's a mystery.

Npc:
Exotic trader has been added.
Sells amulets and teaches transmute spells.
Convert your honor to gems and sell this for gold. Better transmute spell gives more gold per honor.
(Eventually honor will be obsolete, gold will never be.)

Game Master: if you get access to this fella you can gamble your gold.

Spells:
All spells have had their damage formula reworked.
Thunder clap: cracks now appears on the ground for a few seconds.
All spells for arcanist have New effects that more fits for his element.(at least in my opinion).

*Tutorial has been added to explain the basics of Tibia controls, vocation spells and how to interact with npcs.
You get option to skip tutorial in the very beginning.

Outfits is now depending on vocation. All vocations have citizen + the one that fits most to your vocation. More outfits will be available if requirements is met.

For fun I started to fix some of the coding to be more effective, even if they work as intended.

That's the update I have this time

Last edited:
Back