• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unpack

lemo220

Reaction score
Hello, can someone explain me what exactly is OTClient and is it possible to run on it ElfBot? If i cant run elfbot so maybe i can unpack .spr .dat .pic and run normal tibia client and then run elfbot??

Thanks

Explanation about OTClient taken from this thread: Introduction to OTClient. (https://otland.net/threads/introduction-to-otclient.163300/)

"What is it?
Okay, so OTClient is an open source alternative to the tibia client. OTClient works with a modular system, this means that each functionality is a separated module, giving the possibility to users modify and customize anything easily.
Users can also create new mods and extend game interface for their own purposes. OTClient is written in C++2011, the upcoming C++ standard and heavily scripted in lua."

And regarding to run Elfbot in OTClient, no I don't think you can simply run Elfbot on it. But since OTC is written in C++ (which I think Elfbot is written in too), then I guess it should be possible to fiddle with the OTC source so the bot works with it too, however, I think you need to know how Elfbot is programmed in order for that to work. So you probably would have to study Elfbot's code.

But I think it would be a much faster process for you to learn how to code in lua, since all modules in OTC are written in lua, and you can make your own things (even bots) and add them as mods to the OTC. There are even a few bots created in OTC already, so you could even tinker with them instead.

Otherwise, if you really "got to" or want to stick with Elfbot, then the easiest is to simply use it on Cipsoft clients, as it is intended for.

Thank you very much for reply!
I was fighting with it yesterday and i did something. But i have another problem. I got the tibia.dat and tibia.spr from the client. I put that files into Tibia 8.54 (that version was last edition) but it debug Client instantly and give me error (Tibia can't find tibia.dat). But! I found information that error is because Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr is for another Tibia version. I download others Tibia's and only Tibia 7.4 dont debug but it don't start also(only in task manager i see tibia process).
So my question is how to change version of Tibia.dat and Tibia.spr to some newer because maybe the client 7.4 is too old to run that .dat and .spr(it has a lot more kB than the olders versions).
And you know maybe how to change limit magic effects in Client?

Thank You!

You're very welcome, I'm just glad if I manage to help out! :)

Hmm, I don't have any problem with the 7.4 that I got, and I think I downloaded the client from either https://otservlist.org/download or from Ots-List.org - Ots, Otservlist, Open Tibia Server (https://ots-list.org/download) , not completely sure if it's safe to download from any of those 2, but my antivirus isn't saying something, and I don't think I've noticed any weird stuff on my computer so far either. But still, if you or anyone ever decides to download from there, do it on your own risk, because I cannot promise that it's safe.

Beside that, not sure if this is to any help for you, but if you would want to edit Tibia.dat, then this might work for that: OpenTibia - DatEditor 4.0 (https://otland.net/threads/dateditor-4-0.9061/)
and for editing Tibia.spr, maybe this works: OpenTibia - Tidus Spr Editor v1.5 (https://otland.net/threads/tidus-spr-editor-v1-5.162171/)

also again, I cannot promise that any of those programs are completely safe from virus, always download at your own discretion.

Regarding to change limit magic effects, this might help you out: Help with Magic effect limit (https://otland.net/threads/help-with-magic-effect-limit.226800/#post-2187296)

hopefully you already found a solution, or something here helps you out! :)

Okay i still can't do what i want :D
I'm trying to run "normal" Tibia at Wono-cj.net but cant. I unpacked tibia.dat and tibia.spr but if i put it in any Tibia it show me that "can't find tibia.dat". I was trying to put this .dat and .spr into regular OTclient but it say same thing. I was trying to edit hex's to start it but no results :(
Do you have maybe some idea how to do it? I was thinking about RSA key but dont know.

Thanks!

Oh, then there's no problem in the files you have, I think it's just some mistake or something that is made in OTClient, because it says to put .data and .spr into /things/the-client-version/Tibia, right?
Well, instead of making a folder called Tibia in /things/the-client-version, just make a version folder in /things, so it's like this:
/things/860
then you put the .data and .spr into the 860 folder (or whatever version number you've named it as. :)

Explanation about OTClient taken from this thread: Introduction to OTClient. (https://otland.net/threads/introduction-to-otclient.163300/)

"What is it?
Okay, so OTClient is an open source alternative to the tibia client. OTClient works with a modular system, this means that each functionality is a separated module, giving the possibility to users modify and customize anything easily.
Users can also create new mods and extend game interface for their own purposes. OTClient is written in C++2011, the upcoming C++ standard and heavily scripted in lua."

And regarding to run Elfbot in OTClient, no I don't think you can simply run Elfbot on it. But since OTC is written in C++ (which I think Elfbot is written in too), then I guess it should be possible to fiddle with the OTC source so the bot works with it too, however, I think you need to know how Elfbot is programmed in order for that to work. So you probably would have to study Elfbot's code.

But I think it would be a much faster process for you to learn how to code in lua, since all modules in OTC are written in lua, and you can make your own things (even bots) and add them as mods to the OTC. There are even a few bots created in OTC already, so you could even tinker with them instead.

Otherwise, if you really "got to" or want to stick with Elfbot, then the easiest is to simply use it on Cipsoft clients, as it is intended for.

The current C++ is standard is C++ 17. I also don't see how Elfbot's incompatibility is related to the language it and OTClient are written in.

Uhm hi again!
I put .dat and .spr into folder but it isnt work. But first i want just try login to server then ill think about changing tibia.dat etc.
The wono-cj.net has also other server on the same ip (dbko.net). To login on dbko or wono i need to put same ip but change ports. I was trying now to login into wono and dkbo through "normal" otclient and... I did it! i can login into dbko. Also i can login through normal 8.54 client. But when i was trying to do the same thing to login WoNo i cant. When im putting passwords into normal 8.54 client i got debug before character select. But when im doing same thing into "normal" otclient at 8.54 protocol i can login into account(i see my character)! but i cant login into game :( Do you know maybe why?
i put screens from wireshark when im loggin through "normal" otclient and through their custom otclient

Attachments

• wono otclient klasyczny.PNG
    wono otclient klasyczny.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 83 · VirusTotal
  • wono otclient.PNG
    wono otclient.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 85 · VirusTotal
The current C++ is standard is C++ 17. I also don't see how Elfbot's incompatibility is related to the language it and OTClient are written in.
If both Elfbot and OTC would be written in the same language, then there would be no need to translate from one to another, making the process of coding whichever or whatever to make Elfbot work on OTC much easier, but if they are made in different languages, then the whole process would be more complicated, at least if the person/people working on it would have next to no knowledge of the other language.
Then I think reverse engineering would be the easiest way to go about it, aside from getting a person with knowledge of the other language in then of course. :D

Uhm hi again!
I put .dat and .spr into folder but it isnt work. But first i want just try login to server then ill think about changing tibia.dat etc.
The wono-cj.net has also other server on the same ip (dbko.net). To login on dbko or wono i need to put same ip but change ports. I was trying now to login into wono and dkbo through "normal" otclient and... I did it! i can login into dbko. Also i can login through normal 8.54 client. But when i was trying to do the same thing to login WoNo i cant. When im putting passwords into normal 8.54 client i got debug before character select. But when im doing same thing into "normal" otclient at 8.54 protocol i can login into account(i see my character)! but i cant login into game :( Do you know maybe why?
i put screens from wireshark when im loggin through "normal" otclient and through their custom otclient
Only thing I can come up with, is that you might have to download their custom client in order to be able to properly play on their server.
Aside from that, right now, I'm pretty clueless sadly.

By the way, be careful with posting your IP or pictures of your IP openly like this, in worst case, somebody who knows what he/she is doing, can probably hack your network.

If both Elfbot and OTC would be written in the same language, then there would be no need to translate from one to another, making the process of coding whichever or whatever to make Elfbot work on OTC much easier, but if they are made in different languages, then the whole process would be more complicated, at least if the person/people working on it would have next to no knowledge of the other language.
Then I think reverse engineering would be the easiest way to go about it, aside from getting a person with knowledge of the other language in then of course. :D
It isn't true, when writing bot's programing language doesn't matter at all because you end up working with assembly output, source code only helps with searching for specific functions and to know exact parameters of functions instead of guessing everything from the assembly.
Even if you have elfbot written in C++11 you'll not rewrite it easily to work with OtClient at all because you'll need to rewrite all functions that works on internal client function to work with OtClient framework not the Cipsoft one.

fun fact:
Even if you somehow manage to have 8.54,8.60(whatever) source of Cipsoft clients after compile bots will not be working because you will get different assembly due to using different compiler version, different version of libraries or different project options than Cipsoft used.

It isn't true, when writing bot's programing language doesn't matter at all because you end up working with assembly output, source code only helps with searching for specific functions and to know exact parameters of functions instead of guessing everything from the assembly.
Even if you have elfbot written in C++11 you'll not rewrite it easily to work with OtClient at all because you'll need to rewrite all functions that works on internal client function to work with OtClient framework not the Cipsoft one.

fun fact:
Even if you somehow manage to have 8.54,8.60(whatever) source of Cipsoft clients after compile bots will not be working because you will get different assembly due to using different compiler version, different version of libraries or different project options than Cipsoft used.
Alright, actually good to know and thanks for giving some explanation too! :)
However, if you get different assembly each time after compiling the bot, then how come people have managed to get their bots compatible and working the way they were meant to?

You don't have to give me any real advanced or deep explanations, I just want some sort of insight into that, no problems if you don't want to keep talking about it either though. :)

What you're saying is entirely different. I was talking about the incompatibility issues. They are not related to the programming language.

What you're saying is entirely different. I was talking about the incompatibility issues. They are not related to the programming language.
Yeah, I see what you mean now, I just re-read what you wrote first and finally understood it.

Also thanks to you (or whoever it was) for notifying me about not double posting, I didn't think of that...I'm so used to the old way of chatting, especially in programs or on websites where you cannot edit your messages at all.
Anyhow, I'll keep in mind to edit my posts and quote the messages I'm answering to, instead of creating a whole big mess! :D

And thanks to you also about the programming-related stuff, I do appreciate when people correct me on such things, as I love learning new programming things and sharpening up what is yet in use of refinement.

Back