• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unstable FPS during Tibia?

Records070

┌∩┐"(◣_◢)"┌∩┐
Reaction score
Hey guys, I aint sure whether im in the right section, but I've been stuck with a lil problem since a week or 2 which is kinda sorta annoying haha

I've got a decent PC Setup, never had problems before these started.. Was running around 400fps average depending on activity on the screen.. but since the problem started, I've been getting these 'drops' with my fps? which causes the tibia to lagg. I've seen my fps go as low as 4 fps when there was alot of action in my screen for some reason? Sometimes it bumps up to 60 and sticks there and then lowers or highers again.. its very random

This is my setup; http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winke...383617]=1&product[225953]=1&product[394013]=1
- Intel i5 2500K
- XFX Radeon HD 6870
- OCZ ModXStream Pro

But would anyone have an clue what this could be causing? I already checked for virusses, etc.. but that doesnt seem very likely for an virus to be hurting the FPS <afaik>

Thanks, every hjalp is greatly appreciated =P

I'll Rep+ if you manage to help me fix this or what might be causing

Edit; I've only got this pc for approx half an year though

Last edited:
It could just be that your computer is running too many things at one time or your framerate limit setting is higher than it should be.

>Set fps to 30,60 Try both
>Run fullscreen

Or you can try and change the graphics engine for tibia. Direct x5 apparently works for boosting frame rate. I use 9 but I wouldn't be too sure about the changes.

I've tried everything u said, nothing seems to help. But there should be something causing this right? I've been running a steady 300-400 fps for months and now suddenly this

1st post is updated with my build btw icnase people going to ask

Do u update ur Computer a few times a month?
And update Direct X, And put Framelimit at Advanced, on MAX. And use OpenGL

I've set framelimit on max yeah, and i've tried opengl, directx5, directx9. but it seems like opengl is the most unstable

I'll see if i can update directx

I've set framelimit on max yeah, and i've tried opengl, directx5, directx9. but it seems like opengl is the most unstable

I'll see if i can update directx

Also what u can do, is when there is a update avaible at "Windows Updates", Make it update everything.
What OS are u using?

OS refers to system blabla I suppose? =P Win 7

and yeah everything has been updated thru windows update

Edit; Btw I updated the Directx, but no difference xd

OS refers to system blabla I suppose? =P Win 7

and yeah everything has been updated thru windows update

Edit; Btw I updated the Directx, but no difference xd

Alright, Connection to the internet seems fine since i see ur Speedtest?

- - - Updated - - -

U got any shit of nvidia on ur computer?

Do u run many application at the same time when u play Tibia?
Do u download while ur playing Tibia?
Press CTRL ALT DELETE and go to Taakbeheer, and tell me the Proccesor Useage % and the Fysiek Memmory usage.
And do u run a OT Server on ur PC? If so tell me the Memmory usage/Proccesor Useage of the Server application.

If u did that i will look further what ur problem might be.

Hmmz, nice half dutch/english btw xD and yeah thats my speedtest

I aint got no Nvidia stuff on my pc as far as I know, but i've been doing exactly the same before the problem, and nah i aitn running many other programs during gameplay

Without any programs on, nor tibia (About to sleep) these are my stats;
processen; 62
processorgebruik; 7%
Fysiek geheugen; 18%

I have noticed this, dunno if its normal or not but when I go to 'taakbeheer' & view Prestaties for processor usage.. It'll remain low depending on programs, but for example when i rapidly click internet on/off (any program) it raises quite fast h high, and ocne done drops?

and nop dont run an otserv

Hmmz, nice half dutch/english btw xD and yeah thats my speedtest

I aint got no Nvidia stuff on my pc as far as I know, but i've been doing exactly the same before the problem, and nah i aitn running many other programs during gameplay

Without any programs on, nor tibia (About to sleep) these are my stats;
processen; 62
processorgebruik; 7%
Fysiek geheugen; 18%

I have noticed this, dunno if its normal or not but when I go to 'taakbeheer' & view Prestaties for processor usage.. It'll remain low depending on programs, but for example when i rapidly click internet on/off (any program) it raises quite fast h high, and ocne done drops?

and nop dont run an otserv

hmm everything seems fine...
Try this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555
No garantue it will fix ur problem but might help a bit.

It is this latest client, i have some FPS issues time to time as well, and i have heard many others complaining. I just restart my computer and FPS is fine, i used to have framerate on max (200) now i turned it down to 40 and i no longer have problems.

What to do with the program u just sent me btw? My only 2 options whether to repair the program, or remove? Meaning I've got it already or

Aha, since u already got the lastest update of VCR, then don't install it or remove it.

Hmm, i have no clue what might be ur problem..
I'm sorry i can't help u further, but if i know something what might help u, i will tell u then =)
I hope u find a way to fix ur problem.

Thx, i'll check national pc forums =P n see what they know

Alright, u can also try a local PC Shop.
But when they say u need to buy something new, don't do that, they just want ur money then, Follow their tips when their saying something that won't cost ur anything haha.
But Goodluck!

Back