• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unstopabble ddos attacks

Muboz

Reaction score
So long story short.

I've been attacked for the last 3 weeks from some kid or by other otservers, its an udp flood, I'm not able to stop it, its taking all my bandwith which is 50mb.

This are the ips that are attacking me.
Code:

I started with linux, and no firewall helped me, iptables and shiet. Then moved back to windows, and then one attack was blocked by kaspersky but then 5 minutes later it just didnt work anymore.

Any help is appreaciated , and if you guys could recommend me a cisco router so I can buy one and mitigate some of the attacks

all iptables etc is just bullshit. All you can really do to stop is buy a better router wiht better firmware etc and protection agianst DDOS. Cisco has very good protection agianst this.

50 MB Bandwith? -.-'

all iptables etc is just bullshit. All you can really do to stop is buy a better router wiht better firmware etc and protection agianst DDOS. Cisco has very good protection agianst this.

You're bullshit too, iptables protects somehow but not enough, because packet (before it's being filtred) is received by target machine.

Simply redirect only ports you need (TCP 80, TCP 7171, TCP 7172, maybe TCP 443), the rest is for your router :)

Lol if you say iptables protect from DDOS (BOTNET) attack you must be stupid.

And you, child of Tibia - are mr. know-it-all. Of course it won't handle DDoS when you try to handle some BotNET with loads of zombies, but if it's low attack it'll filter it a bit, and as I said before, it won't work in 100% because packets before they're being filtred, are received by host machine. Now stfu you dumb ass.

That's why you should rent a dedicated server and not host it on your personal computer. However, contact your ISP and let them take legal measures to get rid of the DDoS performer.

That's why you should rent a dedicated server and not host it on your personal computer. However, contact your ISP and let them take legal measures to get rid of the DDoS performer.

if its botnet its pretty much untraceable.. cuz its many many many that send packets to you.. and they are just innocent zombies

if its botnet its pretty much untraceable.. cuz its many many many that send packets to you.. and they are just innocent zombies

As a datacenter operator, based on statistics and logs, we have been DDoS attacked and we have survived them and they were quite large in matter of fact. However, you got a point there. But the DDoS performer is quite easy to track down and take legal measures to limit the impact of the packets being sent.

As a datacenter operator, based on statistics and logs, we have been DDoS attacked and we have survived them and they were quite large in matter of fact. However, you got a point there. But the DDoS performer is quite easy to track down and take legal measures to limit the impact of the packets being sent.

Do you understand what you are saying at all?
It's impossible to track down someone that is DDOSing you because the computers that send the packets were infected with a virus. When you infect them with your server they become part of your botnet.

@OP - If you got taken down by five bots then that is sad.

Build yourself a hardware firewall, problem solved.

The typical home router is about 250MHz. Most DDOS attacks put routers on their knees due to this fact. Why not build yourself a router that is over 1GHz ;)?

I am hosting Collapser and have not had any problems with DDOS attacks. Why? Because I have an amazing hardware firewall. 1.6GHz and 2GB of RAM...just for the router :p.

Oh, and enabling features such as SYN Cookies and using IP tables to rate limit incoming connections per IP is very useful.

Build yourself a hardware firewall, problem solved.

The typical home router is about 250MHz. Most DDOS attacks put routers on their knees due to this fact. Why not build yourself a router that is over 1GHz ;)?

I am hosting Collapser and have not had any problems with DDOS attacks. Why? Because I have an amazing hardware firewall. 1.6GHz and 2GB of RAM...just for the router :p.

You haven't had any problem yet because no botnet has attacked you yet?
5k mbps Would do the trick.

You can't stop a botnet with a freaking firewall? - Maybe a small one but I don't consider that a (botnet).

You cannot stop a botnet but you can sure improve performance in such a situation. Typical DDOS attacks on the OT community are small, but still large enough to bring a typical home router to its knees.

There is absolutley NO WAY to stop a good botnet ^^ Even how powerfull your router is. Just look at Tibia.Com (DDOSEd) and Microsoft (DDOSED) and E-BAY (DDOSED) and 4CHAN (DDOSED).. THere is no way to stop it 10000% if they have many Zombies ^^

Do you understand what you are saying at all?
It's impossible to track down someone that is DDOSing you because the computers that send the packets were infected with a virus. When you infect them with your server they become part of your botnet.

@OP - If you got taken down by five bots then that is sad.

Belive me they just need to track one zombie computer after that they have the attacker.
Attacker must send a command to attack specific computer throught some protocol http/irc/msn everything u can trace on zombie computer by police IT.
Althrought in most cases police doesn't have time for not big botnet.

Back