• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Unsuported client version (8)

Reaction score
I'm having a big problem with my 8.60 map using remere's map editor. I believe I know exactly what caused the problem but have no idea on how to solve it. I created a few new items using otb editor. All those items work fine on my server but today I placed one of those items on my map and saved it. Now everytime I try to open the map I receive Usuported client version (8). I have tryied to place my edited itesm.otb on remere's data folder and nothing... I even tryied to redownload the remeres and edit remere's original items.otb exactly the way I edited mine and still doesn't work

I searched aroun and every thread says I have to open a new map file and import my map but when I try to do this a receive this error:

mellmap.otbm should only contain ASCII characters.

I have no recent backup of this map so it is really important that I get it back :p

Create a new map using the client version you want. Resize it if necessary. Import your map into it and save it again.

Hopefully this works. If not, then we'll try something else.

Did you select the correct client version in preferences? It should make a new map regardless.

You may have messed up the item files in the RME data folder.

Yes but the problem is I just cannot import my map due to this error: mellmap.otbm should only contain ASCII characters.

Move your map to the C: drive and import it from there.

Thanks man, now I was able to import the map. But can you help me trhough this process? Once I import the map, I receive: 'The loaded map appears to be a items.otb format that deviates from the items.otbloaded by the editor. Do you still want to attempt to load the map?'

And after I click yes, I receive: 'Unsupported or damaged map version' 'This editor nees an updated items.otb version'

So I want to keep my edited items.otb, so how should I proceed?

Back