• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Update on compiled Windows versions?

Shawn5961

Reaction score
I was wondering if it was possible to get an updated compiled version of OTClient for Windows. I've been trying everything I can, compiling on both Windows and Linux, and just can't get it compiled. So, it would be nice to have a version that wasn't almost a year outdated.

Hell, I'm almost to the point where I'd pay to have it compiled for me.

Oh trust me, I tried. I was still getting an error, which seemed to have been solved from the issues on the github page, but, the solution did nothing for me, so I'm kind of at a loss. I mean, I'd be happy with even a compiled Linux version.

Oh, my bad, didn't see what subforum this were in, so used to crying about compiling on the TFS sources!
Again, my bad!

Hah, no problem! The TFS part was no easy piece of cake, that's for sure. Finally got it running, but OTClient is the only thing that will run it. So I'd really like the newest version, instead of one that's 9 months old.

No matter what I've tried, I've gotten errors. And, wouldn't it be just as easy to upload it for someone who has been beating their head against a brick wall for hours? ;P

What's so hard about compiling on Windows? I'm doing it without errors :d
Follow guide for Visual Studio
Compiling on Windows · edubart/otclient Wiki · GitHub

Works. Every. Time.
something's clearly fucked then because even though it compiles, it asks me for glew32, zlib, and openAL32 dlls, even though they should be statically linked from the SDK
never been able to compile this shit correctly

Shawn5961

Newest OTClient (compilator: VS15):
Bot protection: OFF
OTClient (4776668) [20.11.2017]

Changelog from version (df422c0) [04.02.2017] last version to download from OTLand (@Summ OTClient builds (Windows)) to (4776668) [20.11.2017]:
[C++] [Fix] Fixed some problems with logging to server.
[C++] [Fix] Fixed some problems with image read.
[Lua] [Feature] Added feature sending trade request from "UICreatureButton" (battle list etc.).
[Lua] [New function] Added function "getBackground" who return background value, who contain background UI (login screen).

Function will enable adding things to login screen from external modules, without modifying client_background module.
Usage:
modules.client_background.getBackground()
[C++] [Fix] Fixed problems with using items (runes etc.) on moving monsters in battle list.
[C++] [Fix] Fixed problems with using hotkeys item on creatures (protocol < 780).
[C++] [Fix] Small optimalization (fixed missile bug -> double use function onAppear).
[C++] [Fix] Fixed properly check tile elevation in older protocols.
[Lua] [Feature] Log file saves specific to server and character.

Changed it so when you save a log file, the log file name includes the
server name and the characters name, in the file name.
This is to improve organization, to separate logs based off the server
you are on, and the character you are logged in.
[C++] [New function] Added setPathable() function who changing item attribute (ThingAttrNotPathable).
Allows to walk on not pathable items (ThingAttrNotPathable -> true) like parcels, fire fields etc. and vice versa.
Modifying item attribute without editing items sources files. Temporary action for the duration of the client session.

Usage:
print(g_things.getThingType(3504):isNotPathable()) -> true

g_things.getThingType(3504):setPathable(true)

print(g_things.getThingType(3504):isNotPathable()) -> false
[C++] [Fix] Fixed some problems with Modal Dialog ID.
[Lua] [Fix] Fixed problem with game interface, not gaining focus after exitting the market.
[Lua] [Fix/Option] Added option: turn and hotkey delay (search in options -> game).
[C++/Lua] [Feature/Option] Add player mana bar under health bar (for modify search in options -> game -> Display player mana bar).
[Lua] [Feature] Add a keyboard shortcut to toggle topmenu visibility (Ctrl+Shift+T).
[Lua] [Fix] Fixed minimap icons (correct display).
[C++/Lua] [Fix] Added creature type icons for summons (specified tibia protocols).

Explanation of tags:
[C++]/[Lua]/[C++/Lua] - languages where changes were made. This causes changes in different parts of the application:
[C++] - need to change .exe file (compile).
[Lua] - need to change some lua files in data or modules files.
[C++/Lua] - need to change .exe file (compile) and change some lua files in data or modules files.

[Fix]/[Feature]/[Option]/[New function] - how they affect on the game.
[Fix] - fixed some problems, if you didn't have them, probably this don't change nothing for you.
[Feature] - added some functionality to game, who may change your game experience.
[Option] - added some feature on/off to option list (search in options module).
[New function] - added some new programming functions to OTClient. Only for OTClient moders/programmers.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks.

I also have never one time been able to successfully compile otclient. I've tried everything that I can possibly think of, and I still just get like 10,000 errors every. Single. Time.

So frustrating :)

Back