• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Update quotes if name was changed?

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
when someone requests a new name, his/her quotes will be "Originally posted by Former Name"
would be nice if its updated when name is changed since its kinda annoying to figure out who posted because name doesn't exist anymore(changed) :p

Regards,
Fady

I think it's impossible xd because quote is just normal text,if quote would be related to user id, then it's possible

what averatec said
idk how vBulletin works, but doing something like this seems somewhat unnecessary and maybe not even possible

what averatec said
idk how vBulletin works, but doing something like this seems somewhat unnecessary and maybe not even possible
Check my quote, it adds the post id. You could look up the post author's name with that. How big of an impact this is gonna have on the performance and if it's worth it, is another question.

what averatec said

I think its possible because it says the post number when you quote
Example: I just quoted your post, it was like that
, 1638712 is the number of your post
engine can check which username does this post number belong to.
not sure tho ;/

- - - Updated - - -

@zisly thats what i wanted to say :p

Oh I forgot about post id, however this feature isn't that important, we don't want to have bad influence on performence of otl, like Zisly said, there's is a question, is it worth?

And if this does not get implemented, you can simply see who it is by clicking the little ">>" icon next to the quoted post's author name and you'll be directed to the actual post, which in turn will reveal the name.

And if this does not get implemented, you can simply see who it is by clicking the little ">>" icon next to the quoted post's author name and you'll be directed to the actual post, which in turn will reveal the name.

i knew the >>
just suggested this for more organization :p

The reason why you have to specify both the username and post id is that the username is used to display... the username and the post id is only used to link to the... post.
They could just use the post ID and check the username all the time, but this is how vBulletin works and I don't think Talaturen would want to change the source code.

Then I say that there should be like a PM or VM to the user's friends saying they changed their name from Y to X

Back