• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Updates Any Soon??

Russel

Reaction score
been a while since the last update, so Im here asking to mark or hani if they will make any update any soon and what u guys are working on?

Thx :p

Well, they are working on Children of the Revolution quest and Wrath of The Emperor (After CoTR).

No one know when it will be the next update, but we hope soon :).
Just be patient :D

They are working quite intense I really think. I don't think that they will spoil what the update will contain however I heard something about Children of the Revolution Quest.

EDIT: damn you Dyablo :-(

The reason there hasn't been any update for a while is because we started working on 9.8 early on our testserver, so our testserver (which we usually copy files from to the real server when we update) is 9.8. With the 9.8 update we will drop backwards compatibility for older clients (9.6x and 9.7x) because we're going to use the new sprites, so we don't want to update before the 9.8 update is actually out for real because forcing players to use testserver client is a stupid idea. First, we don't even know if it's stable and then the majority of players use bot to assist their gameplay and these players won't enjoy playing without their bot (which is sad, but reality). There isn't anything critical that must be fixed now anyway as I see it, we're still working on new content and quests and it will be more like a major update next time (unless it takes us way too long with the 9.8 update, because we don't have accurate speed formulas yet). After that major update, we're very likely to go back to the usual update every 2-3 days.