• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Updating items in-game through the database

Nikkster

Programmer
Reaction score
Hello, I ran into a little issue here; it doesn't work to modify any items in the game through the database (even if the player is logged out). It works certainly to add an item or delete an item, but you can not modify the count-column. How can this be solved?

Last edited:
Look, it works, but the player needs to be logged out when you remove the item from the db ;)

Look, it works, but the player needs to be logged out when you remove the item from the db ;)

Hello, I ran into a little issue here; it doesn't work to modify any items in the game through the database (even if the player is logged out). It works certainly to add an item or delete an item, but you can not modify the count-column. How can this be solved?
Thanks anyways ..

Oh sorry, didn't realize and I also made another mistake, I tried with my server which is OpenTibia and not TFS... I'm gonna check right now with TFS and tell you what happens :eek:
EDIT: in TFS works as well o_O Which TFS version are you using if you are using TFS?

Last edited:
Oh sorry, didn't realize and I also made another mistake, I tried with my server which is OpenTibia and not TFS... I'm gonna check right now with TFS and tell you what happens :eek:
EDIT: in TFS works as well o_O Which TFS version are you using if you are using TFS?

Did you try to edit the count column? Because adding or removing the entire field does actually work for us.

I didn't read carefully, but, hopefully, I found a way to solve this (normally editing the count doesn't work for me either):
You have to enter the db and from the sql tab enter this bit of code:
Code:
UPDATE  `DBNAME`.`player_items` SET  `count` = COUNT, `attributes` = '0x0f0COUNT' WHERE  `player_items`.`player_id` =PLAYERID AND  `player_items`.`sid` =SID;
Replace DBNAME with the name of your database, COUNT with the count number, COUNT again with the count number, PLAYERID with player id and SID with sid.
If you wanted to change from 1 to 3 items and dbname was tfs, player id was 2 and sid was 106 then it'd be:
Code:
UPDATE  `tfs`.`player_items` SET  `count` = 3, `attributes` = '0x0f03' WHERE  `player_items`.`player_id` =2 AND  `player_items`.`sid` =106;
Hope to have been clear and to have helped too ;)

Back