• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Programmer Upgrade Evolution source XML 8.0

Addams

OTMadness.com OTSes Services
Staff member
Board Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
I have Evolutions XML source for client 8.0 and I want to upgrade it to 8.10 or take exactly the same game-play from the XML source to a downgraded SQL source.
I know that XML is too old and outdated but all I want is the game-play there is so many differences between XML's game-play and the new/downgraded SQL ones which doesn't suit my server or my players.
Reply here or PM me if you are interested.

I have Evolutions XML source for client 8.0 and I want to upgrade it to 8.10 or take exactly the same game-play from the XML source to a downgraded SQL source.
I know that XML is too old and outdated but all I want is the game-play there is so many differences between XML's game-play and the new/downgraded SQL ones which doesn't suit my server or my players.
Reply here or PM me if you are interested.

I'm working on an xml server, just updating the system and improving some things ...

Which client? and what XML source you work on? Aries?Evolutions?OTserv 0.6.0?

Aha that's old one I new same game play as XML 8.0/8.10 it has special game play and I want to adopt it to SQL source or just optimize the XML one to work better and to work for 8.10.
but since you got old XML source maybe you have one for 8.10 client?

The most important thing about optimization in old servers like Evolutions or YurOTS are things related to tile and spectators.
1565646353330.png
Improving the engine I got a reduction in CPU consumption from 30% to 3% with 50 players and the game is very smooth, save unnoticeable, and yet I use the XML engine.

As for the protocol change (e.g. to 8.10 client) - it mainly changes the value types, e.g. from addU16 to addU32 in (protocol76/protocol80/protocolgame).cpp. So all you need is to compare - which values have changed between 8.0 and 8.10. You can do research in OTClient.
I don't see any changes here between 8.0 and 8.10, but maybe there are - you will find out after a deeper research.

Best regards

I don't think I can do it by myself, I know nothing about coding I want someone to do it for me, the most important part for me is the game-play style.

@zydent
@primate
What is so funny? I posted my request/thread in jobs that means I cannot do it by myself "I don't know how to do it" so it is already clear, You didn't have to use your 2 OTLand accounts just to react to my reply you could easily ignore it and try grow up son.
Why do you even need to use 2 accounts on OTland with 50 replies max on both? What ever added to ignore list with both accounts enjoy following me fan.

where did you find that XML Evo? or did you convert it from a different version?

Back