• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Upgrading from Crying Damson 0.3.5 (8.60) to TFS 1.2/1.3

Wezza

lua nOOb
Reaction score
Hello, I've been away for quite a long time, I did in fact use the search function trying to find anything regarding 0.3.5 CD to TFS 1.2/1.3 upgrade but without any luck, would love to know how to upgrade my current 0.3.5 to 1.2 TFS, keeping in mind there are loads of custom functions etc.

The engine has always been written in c++, there's been no change in language.
Best thing to do is learn how to read and fix errors then just move your datapack to a recent version of TFS and start hacking away at the errors you get.
A note for XML changes:
the main thing you have to know to swap from 0.4 to 1.2 is the way it loads xml files
in 0.3 you have
XML:
event="script" value="some_script.lua"
XML:
event="function" value="xxx"
but now in 1.x they've been changed to
XML:
script="some_script.lua"
XML:
function="xxx"
the rest of the conversion might just be functions you have to replace in some scripts, but for the most part tfs keeps backwards compatibility (that's what compat.lua is for) so that you don't have to change old functions to new ones

I'm saying you start with the XML conversion then test the scripts with a new engine to look for errors and fix them.
As I said for the most part, you don't need to change old functions to be compatible with new ones, but there for sure are some exceptions I don't know off the top of my head.
Once you get the server fully running though, you should learn how to script in the new style which is so much cleaner.

Back