• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] [7.7] Tibia World RPG OldSchool - WE ARE BACK !!!

i mean fuck at least a yurots map.. or a reply as tto why nobody fuckin does custom 7.x otsanymore

The answer is simple, DDos.
There's less 7.* servers, which make each server having a higher risk of being DDosed even if they only have 20 players online.
Look at for example 8.60.. it's rare a 8.60 OT gets DDosed thanks to there's millions of them...
I don't know a single 7.* server that haven't got any DDos.. and I've seen a lot of custom 7.6 - 7.7 that stopped being online thanks to all this DDos.

Some assholes are the reason the oldschool is dying and that barely nobody want to put their hands into oldschool.... because who would want to build a custom map that takes a lot of time, to get DDosed day in and day out?
Lots of work, just going to waste.

I might be wrong... but it's the most logical reason I can find why there's no custom 7.* servers anymore.

The answer is simple, DDos.
There's less 7.* servers, which make each server having a higher risk of being DDosed even if they only have 20 players online.
Look at for example 8.60.. it's rare a 8.60 OT gets DDosed thanks to there's millions of them...
I don't know a single 7.* server that haven't got any DDos.. and I've seen a lot of custom 7.6 - 7.7 that stopped being online thanks to all this DDos.

Some assholes are the reason the oldschool is dying and that barely nobody want to put their hands into oldschool.... because who would want to build a custom map that takes a lot of time, to get DDosed day in and day out?
Lots of work, just going to waste.

I might be wrong... but it's the most logical reason I can find why there's no custom 7.* servers anymore.

Anti DDoS?

Anti DDoS?

Hehe, do you even know what DDos is? DDos isn't something you can block and be safe from it... it's no like a virus there you only need to install an anti-virus :D
DDos bring down government websites all the time.. you think that's because the gov doesn't know how to defend themselves? :D

Hehe, do you even know what DDos is? DDos isn't something you can block and be safe from it... it's no like a virus there you only need to install an anti-virus :D
DDos bring down government websites all the time.. you think that's because the gov doesn't know how to defend themselves? :D

Not really but if you have anti DDoS you surely can protect yourself from some retard. A serv with 20 players like you said, is not an important thing and won't get 'hardcore' focus.

Not really but if you have anti DDoS you surely can protect yourself from some retard. A serv with 20 players like you said, is not an important thing and won't get 'hardcore' focus.
you're talking about ping/Dos.... yes those you can protect yourself from as far your download is faster than their upload.
DDos you can't do a shit if your download isn't higher than the attack rate.
Also even if you're having 10000 Gb/s download, your computer will freak out after 1-5 Gb/s DDos depending on the specs of that computer, because there will be so much shit it will have to filter.

Intel processor 3.0 Ghz with 8 cores can handle about 1,5 Gb/s attack on window system before the CPU peaks 100% and slow down everything on the computer.
While on Linux same processor will handle about 2-3 Gb/s attack before that one peaks at 100% and slow down everything.

Open RME 5 times, open a rl map in all those 5. and save them all at same time, that will simulate an attack of 1 Gb/s. can your computer handle it?

you're talking about ping/Dos.... yes those you can protect yourself from as far your download is faster than their upload.
DDos you can't do a shit if your download isn't higher than the attack rate.
Also even if you're having 10000 Gb/s download, your computer will freak out after 1-5 Gb/s DDos depending on the specs of that computer, because there will be so much shit it will have to filter.

Intel processor 3.0 Ghz with 8 cores can handle about 1,5 Gb/s attack on window system before the CPU peaks 100% and slow down everything on the computer.
While on Linux same processor will handle about 2-3 Gb/s attack before that one peaks at 100% and slow down everything.

Open RME 5 times, open a rl map in all those 5. and save them all at same time, that will simulate an attack of 1 Gb/s. can your computer handle it?

Well, first of all, tell me what about a dedicated server and cloudfare (this kind of sh*t) because I really don't know about this, and I wanna know if there's a difference between a computer like you said and some dedicated stuff...

And a little question, how to save them all at the same time (RME's)?

And I continue this discussion on this thread because it may contain useful information for some of you...

Well, first of all, tell me what about a dedicated server and cloudfare (this kind of sh*t) because I really don't know about this, and I wanna know if there's a difference between a computer like you said and some dedicated stuff...

And a little question, how to save them all at the same time (RME's)?

And I continue this discussion on this thread because it may contain useful information for some of you...

Dedicated and PC is the same stuffs... they have same stuffs in them...
The difference is that a dedicated normally doesn't have all this extra shit like 3+ Gb graphic card.. and a dedicated normally have a operation system that's adapted for hosting, = it doesn't have all these features a normal computer have, etc microsoft word, paint, desktop overall....
Beside all that, dedicated is still a computer like a PC.

And those who can handle DDos, does it for pretty huge money.
Pentagon for example, they own one of the world biggest bot-net, to kill sources that's attacking them.
They detect incoming DDos and force a DDos attack back to all those thousands computers that's trying to harm them.

While we're chatting about pentagon, last time I checked their status they had 40 hardware firewalls monitored by paid people to defend themselves against hackers.
Every time a hacker passed 1-2 firewalls they were manually shut down to prevent the hackers to get too far.
above that, they update their encryption with about 5 minutes interval to make it harder to hack them.

Did you know that? there's no firewall on this world that can protect you to 100%...
Internet is not some magic that can't be abused if you use right security.......

While we're in the subject hacking, did you know normally all banks build an buffert of cash everyday, to send around to people who lost money to hackers?
Hackers steal some cash from some cash, and the bank instantly replace the stolen amount so normal people like you and me never find out about that someone just went there to steal our money.

happens every day, all the time...
if you think you're safe...... think again...... I seriously doubt you're safer than pentagon that pays millions every year to have staff manually monitor all the security.

Dedicated and PC is the same stuffs... they have same stuffs in them...
The difference is that a dedicated normally doesn't have all this extra shit like 3+ Gb graphic card.. and a dedicated normally have a operation system that's adapted for hosting, = it doesn't have all these features a normal computer have, etc microsoft word, paint, desktop overall....
Beside all that, dedicated is still a computer like a PC.

And those who can handle DDos, does it for pretty huge money.
Pentagon for example, they own one of the world biggest bot-net, to kill sources that's attacking them.
They detect incoming DDos and force a DDos attack back to all those thousands computers that's trying to harm them.

While we're chatting about pentagon, last time I checked their status they had 40 hardware firewalls monitored by paid people to defend themselves against hackers.
Every time a hacker passed 1-2 firewalls they were manually shut down to prevent the hackers to get too far.
above that, they update their encryption with about 5 minutes interval to make it harder to hack them.

Did you know that? there's no firewall on this world that can protect you to 100%...
Internet is not some magic that can't be abused if you use right security.......

While we're in the subject hacking, did you know normally all banks build an buffert of cash everyday, to send around to people who lost money to hackers?
Hackers steal some cash from some cash, and the bank instantly replace the stolen amount so normal people like you and me never find out about that someone just went there to steal our money.

happens every day, all the time...
if you think you're safe...... think again...... I seriously doubt you're safer than pentagon that pays millions every year to have staff manually monitor all the security.

I appreciate your comment, very informative and useful. Hehe, thanks for explaining this stuff.

You wont, this is probably the same owner from classictibia BR or tibiaold BR. Abusive GM's giving lvls and items to their friends, doing whatever they want and banning people for being at war

You wont, this is probably the same owner from classictibia BR or tibiaold BR. Abusive GM's giving lvls and items to their friends, doing whatever they want and banning people for being at war

No, I'm the real creator/owner of Tibia World RPG OldSchool.

ClassicTibia or Tibia OldBR was another servers ;)