• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[USA] The Last Resistance [CUSTOM]

wow, this server basicly seems like any other server just that this got custom sprites, and sprites doesn't make a server funny, good scripts does.

Okay so is there any PvP system or anything? You should tell us some more. It looks like you're only fighting Zombies like in that movie and it'd be pretty boring. It's pretty much like hunting a swarm of Heroes (for example) all the times... I'm not complaining, I'm asking a question.

It's Alpha. Not really no, but that doesn't mean it'll never be there. Like I said, in all posts, it's bare bones, accept that, I never said it was playable yet, I always said it was alpha.

Lot's of people have waited for a long period of time for this, just to see actual progress, I give them what, they appreciate.

There's this other group of people who basically don't care, they just whine and can't even spell Alpha.

wow, this server basicly seems like any other server just that this got custom sprites, and sprites doesn't make a server funny, good scripts does.

That's correct, but I never said the server was funny, did I?

I don't want to be a smart ass, but please don't complain about things that aren't existent or real. I never said the server was ready, playable and done.
I've always said it's a WIP, alpha and bare bones.

The only real reason why it is up is so contributors can see their contributions in in a short time frame (days) and that bugs are fixed and ideas can be tested.

I'm telling the public about it so they can help polish it, not piss on it.

Aight, what plans do you have for the future then? Maybe if you explain some of your ideas, we'd be able to help you evolve them...

an idea that i had when i playd the serv for like 30 min was to be like "omg what if we could be the zombies? and soldiers be our exp, BRAAAAAINNS r teh delicious food that make our HP go up :D"

there is my 2 cents.

Okay so is there any PvP system or anything? You should tell us some more. It looks like you're only fighting Zombies like in that movie and it'd be pretty boring. It's pretty much like hunting a swarm of Heroes (for example) all the times... I'm not complaining, I'm asking a question.

Aight, what plans do you have for the future then? Maybe if you explain some of your ideas, we'd be able to help you evolve them...

an idea that i had when i playd the serv for like 30 min was to be like "omg what if we could be the zombies? and soldiers be our exp, BRAAAAAINNS r teh delicious food that make our HP go up :D"

there is my 2 cents.

This is definitely one of them.

Right now it's just a matter of adding things on the way, so it'll get more and more interesting.

Most issues are scripting issues. Need someone to make NPCS, actions, movements, talkactions etc on request.

No lag and I'm connecting from The Netherlands to USA with 16 players online in the past. Get your facts straight.

People, if you come with unfathomed comments like this, please keep them if you cant, add constructive criticism at least.

Some information on software development

We're in the Alpha stage. You should be happy that you may at least play on a WIP.

I don't give a fuck about the facts.
When i played i couldn't barely walk, freeze lagg every sec.
Im playing from sweden with 8mbit/s.

I don't give a fuck about the facts.
When i played i couldn't barely walk, freeze lagg every sec.
Im playing from sweden with 8mbit/s.

I'm a student and I cannot afford a very expensive hosting platform. So it'll have to do for now.
I find it realistic to start small.

I'm a student and I cannot afford a very expensive hosting platform. So it'll have to do for now.
I find it realistic to start small.

Alright, that makes sense.

Anyhow, when ur getting better host try to find one in "Europe" Cuz theres mostly ppl playing from europe.

Alright, that makes sense.

Anyhow, when ur getting better host try to find one in "Europe" Cuz theres mostly ppl playing from europe.

First I need to make everything function decently, add sufficient game play and have a decent amount of players online.

I guess then, I would buy another server in Europe.

I think for starters that this is still good. Killing zombies alone is fun, also finding different spawns and looting different things is good and keeps you interactive with the game as well. There is only so much that can be done in a certain amount of time. I know over time that things will be added/updated, that's why everyone should give their suggestions and opinions, not like "oh this server sucks" or "it's not what I expected it to be". I'd rather play this server all day than try any of those real map servers that's out there (over 1000000).

Thank you. It kind of pissed me off how people react but it's alright.

My dream is to make a MMO with these graphics and this genre with a very interactive game world. Quests will be executed once.
For example if a player presses a button a certain event will be triggered and change the game world drastically for example.
On the website the event will be displayed with the character who triggered it and history will be written.

Of course quests would be added and the story line would be written over time.

there is alot of work in progress ;), also i'm quite active spriting again so things will get better concerning the ingame visuals, but as mentioned
we need more custom scripts and npc related things. i'm already working on a whole new concept for the "hide-out" so it looks alot more like a actual post-apoc
hide out.. tho its alot of work to actually create decent sprite's so it takes time but i can ensure you. in time things will look even better with mutch more custom
scripts wich involves sprites.

Went to play it and I can't download the client.
Whys that?

The client on your website gave me a virus.

failothacker.png

Code:
Virus or unwanted program 'WORM/Autorun.bmkc [worm]'
detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\Marissa\Desktop\TLR Alpha 1_1_050\TLR Alpha.exe.
Action performed: Deny access

gg?

Last edited:
I expected much more for such long time of development. Pretty boring chasing Zombies all days. Thought it'd be more of a PvP-based game.

Agreed, I expected so much more.. If there's only one purpose to the game, then no thanks.. If I want to play a meaningless game which only purpose is to kill Zombies I'll just play CSS.

I was expecting so much more from this project, but I guess that was for nothing.. Also, sucks that you had long breaks, studies?

Back