• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X Use runes with the Backpack closed

potinho

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there a way, like in Tibia today, to use runes even with backpacks closed? I use OTX2 (TFS 0.3.7) and protocol 7.72, that would be helpful. I know they would be changes to the source but I have no idea. Use OTCv8 as client

Solution
There is no code to handle 'use item' without item position on 7.72 servers. Client must have open backpack with given item to send position of item to server (position like: 5th slot of 2nd open backpack).

So you got to add handling of 7.80+ packets for 'item use' in server and edit few lines in client.

OTCv8 requires changes in that file:
There are 5 IFs:
Code:
if g_game.getClientVersion() < 780 then
that change functionality for 7.72 protocol (search item in backpack). Change them to if g_game.getClientVersion() < 0 then, so hotkeys on client side will work same for every version of tibia protocol.

About server side:...
There is no code to handle 'use item' without item position on 7.72 servers. Client must have open backpack with given item to send position of item to server (position like: 5th slot of 2nd open backpack).

So you got to add handling of 7.80+ packets for 'item use' in server and edit few lines in client.

There are 5 IFs:
Code:
that change functionality for 7.72 protocol (search item in backpack). Change them to if g_game.getClientVersion() < 0 then, so hotkeys on client side will work same for every version of tibia protocol.

About server side: you need some C++ programmer to check what is required to make you server handle new packets. Maybe OTX2 downgrade was made 'fast' and author did not remove code that handle 7.80+ packets.

Solution

There are 5 IFs:
Code:

About server side: you need some C++ programmer to check what is required to make you server handle new packets. Maybe OTX2 downgrade was made 'fast' and author did not remove code that handle 7.80+ packets.
In client side is better for me, and worked, thanks Gesior!

There are 5 IFs:
Code:

@Gesior.pl i saw one problem: when i change 5 ifs, its not possible to use mana fluid with hotkey anymore...there's a way to fix?

Back