• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Use spells with crosshair

Antharaz

Reaction score
Hello \o

I'm trying to do that a crosshairs appears at screen when players use a spell, becouse i need the pos where they want to use the spell... Can i do it without modify the sources?

Ty so much <3

Solution
You may make something similar to spell "Exura Sio 'Name'", spell with paramethers for example position -> exori mas mort [1342,643,7].
How make this more player friendly (don't write a lot of numbers)?
First -> make this spell in server side.
Second -> Add functionality in client to make hotkey with spell (+ pos) on client side (easy in OTClient), function withcrosshair who cast spell to position where you select tile on map (like rune).

In client side: select hotkey -> function withcrosshair -> select using mouse in map (LMB) or cancel (RMB) -> client count pos -> add string for example 'exori mas mort'..' ['mousePosX()..','..mousePosY()..','..mousePosZ()..']' -> send to server like normal spell.
You may make something similar to spell "Exura Sio 'Name'", spell with paramethers for example position -> exori mas mort [1342,643,7].
How make this more player friendly (don't write a lot of numbers)?
First -> make this spell in server side.
Second -> Add functionality in client to make hotkey with spell (+ pos) on client side (easy in OTClient), function withcrosshair who cast spell to position where you select tile on map (like rune).

In client side: select hotkey -> function withcrosshair -> select using mouse in map (LMB) or cancel (RMB) -> client count pos -> add string for example 'exori mas mort'..' ['mousePosX()..','..mousePosY()..','..mousePosZ()..']' -> send to server like normal spell.

Solution
Back