• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using BTC to help server payments

1337_haxxor

Reaction score
Hello, as a OTS developer and BTC user (not buying drugs) I'm thinking about ways to use BTC in OTS industry.

Does someone have idea how to create ads on website that could generate btc? or Every other way how to generate btc through websites? Web mining or something? Or some programs that provide BTC for website traffic?It could help make prices in sms shop lower or even make sms shop unnecessary(Or simply make me more rich)

Anyway, i'm looking for other ways that can help me finance my servers. Not only sms shop, google ads and sh.ts.

Call me Jew but bussiness is bussiness

are you sure about "not buying drugs?" my dealers gonna get angry with that statement
I recently realized that BTC is mostly used in TOR/deepweb to buy drugs without any traces so people think that BTC is for buying drugs only.

One thing about bitcoins people forget about is the time it takes to convert it / sell it to get back into your standard currency.

I think it would be unethical to make a OT client that doubles as a miner and it would be too slow anyway. But that would be a way that to do it

Instead look into opening a patreon account to help finiance the hosting fees and set goals for content updates.

You could livestream and record development blogs for the game, and hope people watch for that sweet ad revenue.

Last would be to make acool design for your game and put it on a tshirt to sell.

(...)
I think it would be unethical to make a OT client that doubles as a miner and it would be too slow anyway. But that would be a way that to do it
(...)

Not only unethical! It would be criminous using a game client as a trojan to mine BTC! Unfortunatelly, such things happen :/

But the suggestions OP requested is to monetize his website by ads revenue (that's what the services I indicated provide). Now, that is OK (I know ads are boring, but at least they can help maintain costs/prices a little lower ;)

One thing about bitcoins people forget about is the time it takes to convert it / sell it to get back into your standard currency.
(...)

It is, actually, quite simple to convert BTC to local currencies in most countries nowadays. There are even BTC rechargeable (Mastercard/Visa) international debit cards as one of the available options :)

(...)look into opening a patreon account to help finiance the hosting fees and set goals for content updates.

You could livestream and record development blogs for the game, and hope people watch for that sweet ad revenue.

Last would be to make acool design for your game and put it on a tshirt to sell.

Also good suggestions, especially the livestream, blog and t-shirt, because they can also be a great way to promote the game server, attracting more users.

Check out bitcointalk.org if you really want an answer. Little to zero Bitcoin-enthusiasm here unfortunately.. OT and Bitcoin could walk hand in hand towards a P2P-hosted MMORPG, first of it kind, OT is the perfect platform due to its simplicity.. and a servers economy is the perfect base for anyone who wants to create a cryptocurrency from scratch. But.. Bitcoin/Open-source devs are buisy with other stuff, and Tibia-devs aswell.. perhaps in time, let's hope

It is, actually, quite simple to convert BTC to local currencies in most countries nowadays. There are even BTC rechargeable (Mastercard/Visa) international debit cards as one of the available options :)

I've stopped following bitcoins closely after I sold the majority of my bitcoins in late 2013 (around November, during it's historical highpoint), and I had a lot of issues of actually getting my money off of Mt Gox during that time, took me a few months to actually get all of my money.

Glad to hear things have improved with using bitcoins as currency rather then just investments/illegal trade. I still have 100 bitcoins that I set aside from I sold most of mine.

I've stopped following bitcoins closely after I sold the majority of my bitcoins in late 2013 (around November, during it's historical highpoint), and I had a lot of issues of actually getting my money off of Mt Gox during that time, took me a few months to actually get all of my money.

Glad to hear things have improved with using bitcoins as currency rather then just investments/illegal trade. I still have 100 bitcoins that I set aside from I sold most of mine.

MtGox has been crazy... to sad to remember... Anyway, if you've got some spare btc lying around, do buy IOTAS now: you will thank me later ;)

Back