• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Using others maps

computergeek

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm trying to get a project going and its my first time doing this. So I want to know if there's any rules about using others maps. Like if I'm using someones part of a spawn in my map, if I use someones warzone in my map or whatever. Is that allowed and do I need to give credit to this person or is it just unnecessary?

And I'd also want to ask, is this the right place for asking these questions?

More questions are coming! :)

Peace

You can use whatever you get your hands to. Is it fair? No. Is it legal?... Yes.
People are taking stuff from others without giving credit all the time. Someone just straight up copied pieces of my map and didn't even care to give me credit or anything. It's not like I care honestly but it's just a bit rude.

The most ethical thing would be to only use maps that the creators allow you to use and doing so with giving credit to them too in some way.

You can use whatever you get your hands to. Is it fair? No. Is it legal?... Yes.
People are taking stuff from others without giving credit all the time. Someone just straight up copied pieces of my map and didn't even care to give me credit or anything. It's not like I care honestly but it's just a bit rude.

The most ethical thing would be to only use maps that the creators allow you to use and doing so with giving credit to them too in some way.
How did they get your maps? I mean if you post in on the download boards I understand that people will use it even tho they indeed should be giving credits.

Back