• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[v1.1 - Updated!] Auto Backup Utility

Not the system I would use but, dam sure is useful ;)

Edit:
I can see your diving into the programing of applications. Just because that's what I think your doing I will download and test this new application out.

-Wasted

P.S. Rep added -

Last edited:
Not the system I would use but, dam sure is useful ;)

Edit:
I can see your diving into the programing of applications. Just because that's what I think your doing I will download and test this new application out.

-Wasted

P.S. Rep added -

Thanks!
What system would you use? I'm open to any suggestions :D

And yeah, I'm trying to learn as much as I can, and I have been learning something new with each program I release :p

Wovaki

I was thinking something strictly for databases. Executes the cmd command to back-up the database. Maybe just make it an exstention to your current program. Example: Modes -> General Back-Up or SQL Database Back-Up.

I was thinking something strictly for databases. Executes the cmd command to back-up the database. Maybe just make it an exstention to your current program. Example: Modes -> General Back-Up or SQL Database Back-Up.
You can backup the servers SQL Database with this program. v1.1 just added the option of backing up all server files as well.

Well, my bad. I apparently wasn't paying attention, sorry.

Suggestion: Make it available as a service. A simple check box or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my bad. I apparently wasn't paying attention, sorry.

Suggestion: Make it available as a service. A simple check box or something.
I'm not quite sure what you mean...using a radio button are easier I find, because if I just have 1 checkbox that says "Whole Server" people might always check it because they think they have to.

Thanks for all the replies though. :D

I meant make it a windows service. This way it will open up when your computer loads, already have all the required information to backup the server.

I meant make it a windows service. This way it will open up when your computer loads, already have all the required information to backup the server.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, or how to do that.
lol :rolleyes:

how can I save my ot database??? What file should I direct it to?

how can I save my ot database??? What file should I direct it to?
Under "File to backup" select your ot database.
Under "Output Directory" select where you want it to backup to, you can choose anywhere you want, as long as you remember where it is :rolleyes:

Also make sure you copy & paste the database before you use my program on it, just incase.

is there any risk for corrupting your sql files, copying them while they are being accessed and are being read and wrote too? just asking...

is there any risk for corrupting your sql files, copying them while they are being accessed and are being read and wrote too? just asking...
I'm not sure, during my tests it worked fine while the server was running, but I have heard of people manually Copying and Pasting and screwing up their database.

Thats why I recommend copying and pasting it, while the server is offline before you use my program on it, just to be sure.

[Edit]
Its also possible that it may screw it up, if the file is being copied while the server is being saved.
I'm working on a new project though that will fix this problem. :D

Sorry but, where is my database?xD
Your servers database should be in the same location as the .exe file for your server. The defualt name in a TFS server is The Forgotten Server.s3db but if you changed it then its what ever you chanded it to and has the extension ".s3db"

it dont work for me "aplikacja nie została wlaściwie zainicjiowana.Kliklnij przycisk ok ,aby zakonczyc aplikacje"english :"application was not inicied good .Click ok for exit apliction"

it dont work for me "aplikacja nie została wlaściwie zainicjiowana.Kliklnij przycisk ok ,aby zakonczyc aplikacje"english :"application was not inicied good .Click ok for exit apliction"
I'm sorry, but I don't understand.

Could you please post in full english?

Back