• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[v1.1 - Updated!] Auto Backup Utility

Aplication was not initialized right (0xc0000135).Click ok to exit application.

bad things with this backuper:

If it has done a backup one time, it won't do it again. On the log it will appear "successfull", but its not updating the backup.

Here you see I have done tons of backups, but only the first backup after starting will count. (if files with the same names still are there, then even that won't help).

With other words, if it tries to backup, and the backup see there is allready a file with same name, then it won't replace it, or put it there with another name.

You should make it save the file like "backup of (data) 13.09.08 01.42.51"

With other words "Backup of (OriginalFileName) date.month.year hour.minute.second"

This way you can get an very organized backup program.

||||||||||||||||||||||

If this is to advanted to make, just make it do etc
data
data(1)
data(2)
data(3)....

and so on when doing backups. This way you can go back in time as you want, for as little rollback as possible

Last edited:
Aplication was not initialized right (0xc0000135).Click ok to exit application.
Is that the whole error?
Try downloading the program again, if it still wont work make sure you have the Microsoft .Net Framework 2.5 or higher downloaded and installed.

bad things with this backuper:

If it has done a backup one time, it won't do it again. On the log it will appear "successfull", but its not updating the backup.

Here you see I have done tons of backups, but only the first backup after starting will count. (if files with the same names still are there, then even that won't help).

With other words, if it tries to backup, and the backup see there is allready a file with same name, then it won't replace it, or put it there with another name.

You should make it save the file like "backup of (data) 13.09.08 01.42.51"

With other words "Backup of (OriginalFileName) date.month.year hour.minute.second"

This way you can get an very organized backup program.

||||||||||||||||||||||

If this is to advanted to make, just make it do etc
data
data(1)
data(2)
data(3)....

and so on when doing backups. This way you can go back in time as you want, for as little rollback as possible

Hmm something must be wrong with it, I programmed it to overwrite the files, and in my tests it did.
I don't have alot of time anymore, but I will update it when I have a chance.

I was originally going to have it create a new file every time,
but I thought if the hoster is gone along time, they could end up with a large amount of files.

Thank-you for bringing this to my attention!

Last edited:
PPl are getting rather dissapointed of huge rollbacks on my serv, so had to try out :p I would prefer new filename every backup, so you get all files ,even tho it takes some exstra disk space, my dedic serv got like 120+GB free space, so even if I retire for a month it wouldn't be any prob having a backup prog like this to run. And if your unlucky and database gets fucked up on day 1, and day 2 comes, but you are still to busy or forget to visit it, and on day 3 the corrupted database will be saved as a backup, then your doomd. So overwrite = bad _:p

While if I can view all backups, its no prob to see ahh, the backup from 2 days ago is not corrupt, but the backup since yesterday is, mkay lets use the one from 2 days ago.

same problem when i have to install net framework he say first u need to install visual studio 2005 when i installing studio it says error same like here.
ok it works but i have another question where is the datbase what ineed to choose in the program ?

Last edited:
This sounds like it would use a lot of CPU usage.
Does it? That would suck..

It dosn't require much, a bit RAM usage, and only requires much CPU at the time it does the backups.

Btw hows it going? Is this project dead? :C

When taking backup of a program, he copies the files, so don't ask for the impossible, the lag will depend on how good your computer is, anyway if you make backup once a day, nobody will notice a 2 second freeze a day for backups.

PPl are getting rather dissapointed of huge rollbacks on my serv, so had to try out :p I would prefer new filename every backup, so you get all files ,even tho it takes some exstra disk space, my dedic serv got like 120+GB free space, so even if I retire for a month it wouldn't be any prob having a backup prog like this to run. And if your unlucky and database gets fucked up on day 1, and day 2 comes, but you are still to busy or forget to visit it, and on day 3 the corrupted database will be saved as a backup, then your doomd. So overwrite = bad _:p

While if I can view all backups, its no prob to see ahh, the backup from 2 days ago is not corrupt, but the backup since yesterday is, mkay lets use the one from 2 days ago.

Alrighty, the new version should be done soon.

same problem when i have to install net framework he say first u need to install visual studio 2005 when i installing studio it says error same like here.
ok it works but i have another question where is the datbase what ineed to choose in the program ?

You only need to download and install Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.5 or higher, I think 3.5 is highest now.

You select the file you want to backup, if you want your server's database backed up then you find your server file.

This sounds like it would use a lot of CPU usage.
Does it? That would suck..

No it doesn't require much, as Znote says, maybe a little bit while it is backing up.

It dosn't require much, a bit RAM usage, and only requires much CPU at the time it does the backups.

Btw hows it going? Is this project dead? :C

The project is not dead, I am working on it slowly, as I have very little time with school and all, I'm currently lucky to be on the computer 2 times/week.

I hope not,
he should keep updateing it.

Make it "Not Lag" when it saves.

Don't worry, I will keep updating it, as for the lag, like Znote said there is nothing I can really do for it, but you only need to backup the database once or twice a day.

When taking backup of a program, he copies the files, so don't ask for the impossible, the lag will depend on how good your computer is, anyway if you make backup once a day, nobody will notice a 2 second freeze a day for backups.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm only online once or twice a week and then I end up with alot of replies :rolleyes:

Hopefully in a few days I will be done the next update.

Thanks for all your patience!
Wovaki

Back