• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vanderlay Online - Customs discussion

Vanderlay

Back on track
Premium User
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

For anyone who have already noticed my server, you can tell I'm pretty much driving away from the regular tibia aspects(even tho its a real map).
The reason why I started with a real map is because I needed something to start with, and I don't really like the Evo servers. I'm solo in my team and taking care of exactly everything.

My server features some unique custom concepts, such as EQ Level, Character attributes and a battleground system.
I just released a new update including new EQ stats, such as Lifesteal, critical strike chance and new basic attack ability for paladins.
I plan to create a lot more custom stats like the other MMORPG's.
Here's a list of a few examples(please note that some stats already exists but do not apply on items):
  • Block chance
  • Increased hit chance for paladins
  • Lower exhaust time
  • Increased attack speed
  • Higher base damage for physical/magical attacks
  • Chance to slow/stun/immobilize
  • Dealing % of maximum health(over time or direct)
  • Increasing mana/hp regen
  • Armor penetration
There is probably a lot more to mention.

So, what I plan to do right now, is to create instances/dungeons in which you can obtain these custom stats.
As I'm currently working on this server entirely by my self, I don't have time to make a perfect storyline for the instances, which is why I am thinking of bringing one of my favorite single player games into Tibia: Legend of Zelda.
So the idea is to create instances which are just like Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time.
You will be able to defeat the bosses after completing the instance and the boss grants you new unique abilities and/or new stats on items.
You will also have to complete an instance to progress to the next one, just like in the Zelda game.
Note: The idea is not to make a Zelda game into tibia. The idea is just to have the same styles/story that Zelda has related to the instances.

So my questions to you guys
- Would this be cool? Having Zelda + Tibia?
- Would it be cool to have all these custom stats on items?
- Sounds interesting to complete instances to obtaining new stats/gain higher stats?
- Do you think some other types of stats should exist?
- Should there perhaps be a talent system(like World of Warcraft) so you can make your character more unique?

Thanks,
Vanderlay

It sounds cool, but try not to make it too overpowered and make the instances challenging enough!

Everything in the server is amazing, if I were you... I would rather have all the unique attributes systems and start working on a custom 100% map, that will attract more players and also working on custom monsters/spells and vocations. That would be way better since RL map for the RPG custom lovers isn't attractive at all.

Ps. I love your work and all the features you added, Im just giving my point of view and comments.

-Greetings, Liro.

I don't like the idea of having a 100% custom map, however I do like the idea of extra added islands that do not exist on real tibia. Custom vocations sounds cool as well. There's a lot of MMO's you can get inspiration from!

The server looks cool and it seems like it has a lot of unique features, but you can't have a custom server like this and then put it on a real map. You're wasting the potential it could have.. they just don't go together and hopefully you'll realize this sooner than later. If you have a custom map, with lots of custom items, monsters, quests, etc.. then A LOT more people would play your server.

I've actually enjoyed the real map in tibia because it is actually nice looking, if you did a complete overhaul it could be epic. I've always believed that if someone wanted to have a RL map server they could make it fully custom other than the map itself, You could legitly have everyone start in the beginning zone like venore swamplands and from there you would have to travel to the next towns and so on, on foot you would have custom like monsters and such with completely redone loot tables etc, idk if it's just me but the real map could be used alot better than how it is being used at the moment, but if you don't want to go that far recreating a giant custom map will take awhile but is always completely worth it . there's so many talented mappers on this forum so getting help in that custom of a project wouldn't be hard i'd imagine.

I get what your saying about having a 100% custom map, but that option is just not a possibility right now as:
1) I suck at mapping
2) I don't have time to spend several weeks/months to create a fully custom map and then release it.

The second reason is also why I started with a RLMap and added custom features a long with it.

I've been trying to get a hold of a mapper to join the team but no one has replied to my threads yet.

One of the main problems with RL map is that once u do more than 3X multiplier alot of the map is just useless :/
The good thing in the RL map is that its big enough to hold alot of players.
Thats my opinion anyway ^^

I just released a new custom feature:
Dual wield.

One handed melee weapons can gain a dual wield attribute allowing a player to equip 2x one handed weapons.
You strike your target twice instead of just once, but your spells do not benefit from the secondary weapon stats.

Back