• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Very small request. (TFS 1.2)

FenX

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Heyo :],

Got a little request for TFS 1.2.

How would I write something like this?

Example:
  • Player has to use item xxxx on aaaa
  • Using item xxxx on aaaa transforms aaaa into zzzz
  • After 60 seconds zzzz transforms back into aaaa

For example:

• Use weapon axe (x) on tree (a)
  • Tree (a) turns into a stump (c)
  • after 60 seconds, stump (c) grows back into a tree (a)

This should be easy, because item a and c is fixed to a location, and cannot be carried by a player, and is not stackable.

Problem arise if a -> c -> a transformation happens on an item, especially a stackable item that a player can carry. Especially on TFS 1.2.
This might work with Gesiors latest updates to TFS 1.3 and Revscriptsys by manipulating item attributes using the decay and transformTo item properties

That's very true however my main intentions of this is to only have this on non-stackable/non-moveable objects like you used as an example, a tree (but I'll definitely look into this and keep it in mind if I ever decide to do this with items that players can use/carry etc.)

I have no issue with writing the code for:
  • Tree (a) turns into a stump (c)
  • after 60 seconds, stump (c) grows back into a tree (a)
It's just the first step where I have no idea how to define in the script that an item is required to be used on the object for it to transform.
Would you say that looking into shovel/pick or other tool scripts that have a similar function would help me out?

onUseEx this is function you're looking for and yes, looking into shovel/pick or other tool scripts will help you :)

Solution
❤ I'll mark it as solved but if I have any further questions I'll write em here but I doubt I'll come across anymore! Ty.

Back