• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vinivine's Testmapping

ViniVine

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Vinivine!
I Recently came back to OT making after long break. I always wanned to make my own map but never really had skills to make something pretty.
I thought the best way to learn new mapping "tricks" and stuff is to learn as I go with this test map. I will try to continue the progress as regularly as I have time to do so. (No promises).
Here is the first preview screenshot:
AV3KBoC.png

and rough island shape (not anywhere close to final shape):
eynh9do.png

Hope you like it.
But for now, take care and see you soon hopefully.

Imo in the first ss it looks kind of empty and the borders are kind of squary, and the border grass under the fat border looks kind of ugly. But minimap looks good :D

@vTune,
@Decrik
Thank you!

@Andy Man
Thank you for reply! =)
As I mentioned, all stuff you see is my way of learning new mapping tricks and skills (I'm not even close to beginner in mapping, what so ever Xd), so not necessary best and most beautiful way of doing things. But thanks, I will try to "round" borders as I go further.

Looks pretty nice! :)

I just can't understand why so many people like the thick grass borders. :mad:

Let me quote what I said for you okay?

? you said it looks empty, and i said it isn't. not sure what ur point is. also imo, cities are the one place where your borders should be squary, but ye the grass border is ugly. minimap is ok, kinda looks boring and weird, especially the south end

? you said it looks empty, and i said it isn't. not sure what ur point is. also imo, cities are the one place where your borders should be squary, but ye the grass border is ugly. minimap is ok, kinda looks boring and weird, especially the south end

Well imo in the city the left side looks kind of empty and I don't really like the fat borders and their real squary. Just my opinion.

Back