• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS / Dedicated Server

Solutions
Reaction score
Well, I have seen a couple other threads about the same topic but I still couldn't really find the answer that I am looking for.

So I want to start hosting my ots soon it isn't a real map but I wouldn't really call it a small map either. It has 10 towns with 337 houses but the towns are not as big as real tibia and the surrounding area is a lot smaller then real tibia I am expecting a player base of about 50 players but it should be able to handle max +/- 250 players.
Well, these are the VPS's and Dedicated Servers that I was looking at and I was wondering if there is someone that could help me figure out which one would suit me best. Of course, a Dedicated Server would be best but I do not really have such a big budget so (if possible) I would go for a VPS if not then I will get a Dedicated Server. I am btw running a server on TFS 1.2 and at the moment the testing I am doing on a Windows VPS, but I will move it to Linux VPS/dedicated server.

VPS 1: 2 vCores, 2.4 GHz, 12 GB RAM, 50 GB (ovh) € 16
VPS 2: 4 vCores, 2.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 400 GB SSD (strato) € 15
VPS 3: 2 vCores, 3.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 50 GB (ovh) € 16
Dedicated Server 1: 4 Cores, 4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD (ovh) €66,55
Dedicated Server 2: 4 Cores, 3.3 GHz, 16 GB RAM,4 TB HDD 480 GB SSD strato € 59,50
If you know a better one let me know!

Thanks for your answer! But I was wondering why you would go for 2? It does have more storage but it has less ram then vps 1 and less GHz then vps 3. And how much players do you think it will hold max without lagging?

Because it has good compromise between RAM and Hard Drive.

12 GB would be too much for your map, and 8 GB is ideal.

plus that VPS has SSD Hard Drive, which will make working with the machine smoother, because everything will be running faster. SSD is always better than HDD. Especially for a high load server with 250 simultaneously players.

Because it has good compromise between RAM and Hard Drive.

12 GB would be too much for your map, and 8 GB is ideal.

plus that VPS has SSD Hard Drive, which will make working with the machine smoother, because everything will be running faster. SSD is always better than HDD. Especially for a high load server with 250 simultaneously players.
Thanks for your answer! I guess I'm going to get VPS 2 then and if that causes problems I will always still be able to upgrade xd

Strato lmao, their network is slow asf from experience with mw2 and tibia servers in the past.

Assuming you're dutch, I'd check TransIP. I'm using a wide variety of their products and never had any issues. It might be a little more pricey, but I think quality goes over quantity spec-wise.

Strato lmao, their network is slow asf from experience with mw2 and tibia servers in the past.

Assuming you're dutch, I'd check TransIP. I'm using a wide variety of their products and never had any issues. It might be a little more pricey, but I think quality goes over quantity spec-wise.
Yea I am, I just checked out TransIP do you mean this one (2 Intel Xeon, 4.096 MB, 150 GB Intel SSD, 5 TB Pooled Traffic) for 20 euro?

Yea I am, I just checked out TransIP do you mean this one (2 Intel Xeon, 4.096 MB, 150 GB Intel SSD, 5 TB Pooled Traffic) for 20 euro?
Yup, that one should suffice more as enough for starting out. You can also upgrade anytime to any other package and you can seperately add more cores/disk/ram/traffic.

I use OVH and their servers are really good, I have 2 vpns from them.
Atm I'm testing a full RL tibia map on the 4gb one (no-one is playing the server was just cheap and easier to use than setup one as I don't have my desktops setup.).

Back