• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS Memory ram question

Solutions
Reaction score
My question is:

I have a Real Map (global)

With 8 GB Memory Ram how many people my server can hold?

And with 16 GB and 32 GB?

One server with 600 players with a Real Map, wich one is the best choice? monkaHmm

My question is:

I have a Real Map (global)

With 8 GB Memory Ram how many people my server can hold?

And with 16 GB and 32 GB?

One server with 600 players with a Real Map, wich one is the best choice? monkaHmm
I held 140 players with 4GB RAM, on a 50MB~ map, about 1/3 the size of rl. It was pushing the limit though, like 90%~. If no one provides a better answer maybe you can go off of these numbers.

so, i will need a 12 GB RAM to run a 150MB Map with 150 Players? Or i'm wrong?
i noticed it doesn't always scale accordingly, i'd say player count is slightly more of a factor than the map size, don't quote me though, i don't know for sure. my map started at 20-25 mb from the first launch i can remember, and like 50mb last launch. and i know that it didn't double the RAM cost. I can't give you exact numbers, but i know you won't need triple the RAM. I'd say with 8GB you could hold around 200 players, but I'd much rather someone else give their input. There's other factors too for sure, that's just an estimated guess with what I've worked with and it may be way off.

Also, you should probably have a little cushion.

Last edited:
150MB map uses around 4 GB RAM. You need some extra RAM for players online, website and mysql, but 8 GB should be enough for 1000 online.
More RAM is always good, because linux uses all free RAM to cache HDD/SSD data.

Number of players server can handle is mostly limited by bad scripts copied from forum. Without bad designed scripts, you can easily handle 1000 online on any 50$+ per month dedicated server.
I saw OTS with 'auto eat food' script that used 90% of CPU with 200 online - server was unplayable, players could run 1 step per 2 seconds. After removing 'auto eat' CPU went down to 20%.

Back