• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Vps Or Dedicated server

7amo

Reaction score
What is the difference Between Vps And Dedicated Server And Which Is Better to Host A Real Map?

When you rent a dedicated server you rent a real machine, real server hardware with its on processor, ram, hard drive, nic, etc. When you rent a vps you rent a part of a server, a virtual allocation of resources only for you to use; sometimes these resources are shared, sometimes they are not.

A dedicated server is best for a real map server because of its size.

Helllo.

Better get Dedicated Server.

Whats the diffrence?

VPS is Virutal Private Server which is hosted on node like Dedicated Server which you share with other users.
for example you can't use 100% of your CPU even if its says dedicated lets say like this one machine which is shared with 30-40 users depend on the node and specs so cpu is shared and network which is bad if there is abuser on the node like using 100% CPU+ and high network you will lag or even downtime.

And Dedicated Server you the only one who is using this machine so no one can abuse you can use 100% of the server with no limits like on VPS
for example you can host games like Minecraft etc without any issue but if you look at VPS you would found lots of hosting ban Mincecraft or apps which use much of resurces.

but as you said you hosting Real Map wich need Ram and Cpu and Network so better get Dedicated Server so zero lags and no downtime or security issues with openvz or kvm :)

So lets say like this VPS = Lag and Downtime and if high ussage supension
Dedicated = as long you not using for any bad activity like torrents or adult page or hacking it should work without any issue but it depend which dedicated you got and specs :)

Best Regards
mlody.1039

Helllo.

Better get Dedicated Server.

Whats the diffrence?

VPS is Virutal Private Server which is hosted on node like Dedicated Server which you share with other users.
for example you can't use 100% of your CPU even if its says dedicated lets say like this one machine which is shared with 30-40 users depend on the node and specs so cpu is shared and network which is bad if there is abuser on the node like using 100% CPU+ and high network you will lag or even downtime.

And Dedicated Server you the only one who is using this machine so no one can abuse you can use 100% of the server with no limits like on VPS
for example you can host games like Minecraft etc without any issue but if you look at VPS you would found lots of hosting ban Mincecraft or apps which use much of resurces.

but as you said you hosting Real Map wich need Ram and Cpu and Network so better get Dedicated Server so zero lags and no downtime or security issues with openvz or kvm :)

So lets say like this VPS = Lag and Downtime and if high ussage supension
Dedicated = as long you not using for any bad activity like torrents or adult page or hacking it should work without any issue but it depend which dedicated you got and specs :)

Best Regards
mlody.1039

I used to download torrents on my dedi and I never got a notice or anything :p

Also, mind telling me what security issues with ovz or kvm?

Can i Connect With My Dedicated Server With Remote Desktop As Vps?

Yes you can(assuming you used windows or something like vnc).

Can Any One Tell Me About Cheap/Good Dedicated Server For Host Real Map Ot

there are three levels for DDoS Protection I just use basic (free) already got 3 DDoS never my server went down so I'm happy with 20€ server :)

Back