• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS Real map

Reaction score
Hello, I bought VPS RAM: 12GB, 2 Cores, Windows, i'm going to host Real map server on it(map size 135mb), I wanted to know if it's gonna be ok and what's the maximum players can join?, is there a way to remote linux in other way than commands etc

Hello, I bought VPS RAM: 12GB, 2 Cores, Windows, i'm going to host Real map server on it(map size 135mb), I wanted to know if it's gonna be ok and what's the maximum players can join?, is there a way to remote linux in other way than commands etc

You should post this in support board (Support). So, it's Windows or Linux then? You mentioned both. I'm afraid nobody will be able to really answer your question, unless you find someone who hosted similar server before. I can only tell you that newly launched TFS 1.2 with 135MB real tibia map and whole real tibia datapack was occupying 3GB of RAM on my machine. I've read somewhere (can't find it now) that you should have 6-8 GB of memory to host real tibia map, but I am pretty sure it applied to bare-metal server (dedicated server) that offers more stability when it comes to resources availability and general performance.

I dont recommend using windows to host servers.

On linux it takes around 3-4 GB RAM

i dont really know but you can always try and make 200 characters mc :p and see if u got lagg
I can upgrade to 4 cores 24gb ram but the problem is it will be 40 gbp because of windows license for extra 20gbp, I can't afford all that, but if there a way to setup the operating system of a VPS manually, like buying it as linux and install windows version I got

If you have a Windows BOX license then you can probably get a VPS with no system at all, but this depends on company you want the VPS from. Some (I think most) will let you only choose from pre-defined systems they have images of. If you don't own a Windows BOX license, you can probably talk to the company, but I would still doubt they will let you do this, mainly because:

1. They lose money.
2. They have no way to verify whether your system is genuine.

So you can either learn how to manage unix-like systems or pay more for windows license.

Back