• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

VPS-Unlimited | Another project is being born

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
VPS-Unlimited - Enjoy VPS your way!

No, this is not a re-launch of my hosting service!

Hello,
For those who are wondering if this is a re-launch of my hosting service, the answer is: NO!
However I have decided to start yet another project revolving around that very name I have used previously.
About 1-2 Months ago, I have been looking and comparing VPN services for quite a long time but it was very hard to differ from good and bad services and it was just then when the idea for my upcoming project was born... At some rate during my search for a VPN I found a great german VPN review site, which was run by a very kind person, with live chat support, doing nothing more than explaining to me about 1h in chat what to look out for when getting a VPN and we also discussed my individual needs and concerns thorughly.
At the end of our discussion I realized that this person, I just talked to dedicated so much of their time for me for getting litterly NOTHING in return from me. No ads, the only thing would be afflinks at their reviews and thats more than fair I'd reckon.

So what is this about?
Long story short: I got inspired by this guy and his project and am going to sit down and take the time to use my experience as a long-term reseller and hoster, to build a similar site in which I will be comparing the very best of VPS Services I encountered and point out which are best suited for what purpose.
Furthermore I will be available on LiveChat to answer any questions if you are indecisive and we can discuss your personal needs to find what could be called "your perfect match" :)

Additionally I will be adding a large and constantly growing knowledgebase including various Linux VPS Tutorials & Guides and assisting you in Live Chat with any problem you run into to the best of my knowledge.

This will be entirely ad-free ofc and the only way I will earn money is via donations and affilate links.

Ideas/Contributions
If you have any ideas how to improve this project or you wanna contribute tutorials just post here or contact me.

The name of the project?!
Last but not least I am not sure wheter I wanna stick with VPS-Unlimited (as in "Get your vps! The sky is the limit!") name or go for something else (suggestions!!).

Kind regards,
Damon

@Sinth @HalfAway

Last edited:
Can you not center the text it makes it very unattractive to read.

Can you not center the text it makes it very unattractive to read.
I disagree, centering the text makes it more appealing for me, and I can also differentiate between lines instead of a block of text :)

@Topic
Good luck with the project, sounds cool :)

I disagree, centering the text makes it more appealing for me, and I can also differentiate between lines instead of a block of text :)

@Topic
Good luck with the project, sounds cool :)
Centered again as I couldnt stand the left bound look xD Thanks :)

When will there be info about this service, what will the price range be around? Me and my friends are already enjoying vps2day.com

One thing it lacks for its cheapest price range is not quite enough storage space...
I don't know if it's an huge problem to add like 25 extra gb to make it solid 50 for the cheapest range is to much to ask for ?

Looking forward to see your project...

@Damon this is gonna be kinda long cus im just thinking while writing xD

this seems nice but I really doubt that name will work with what you want to provide now, the service you're going to be providing is basically choose your VPS from a list, with pros & cons if I understood correctly...

It seems fair & this has the potential to grow but I would take a step and make the users feel at home when they visit your website, something like accounts & personalizing accounts to their needs, for example there might be a list of some sort where the user chooses some categories such as hosting websites, hosting a gaming server, or just personal use... Then from there you can sort of get him the best matches with pros/cons, you might even take it a step further and ask him where he's located at or where his user base is located in an attempt to give his users lower ping

Then from there after he chooses all that and you offer him the list of the best possible matches he goes from your website to their website, now if I were you I would make a deal with these other websites when you grow & they would actually pay you for this as they would end up getting more customers, but hey that's your choice... Then after he goes from the link you provide and he actually gets the VPS he has a period of 10-20 days to rate their service with respect to ping & customer support, then you get the idea you will just show the ratings...

I got some other cool features in mind but I'm just gonna throw this at you & see what you think before I throw another list at you xD

When will there be info about this service, what will the price range be around? Me and my friends are already enjoying vps2day.com

One thing it lacks for its cheapest price range is not quite enough storage space...
I don't know if it's an huge problem to add like 25 extra gb to make it solid 50 for the cheapest range is to much to ask for ?

Looking forward to see your project...
Price range will be starting from as low as 2$/year but there will be also hosting providers which provide a solid service for plans like vps2day at a better price ;)

@Damon this is gonna be kinda long cus im just thinking while writing xD

this seems nice but I really doubt that name will work with what you want to provide now, the service you're going to be providing is basically choose your VPS from a list, with pros & cons if I understood correctly...

It seems fair & this has the potential to grow but I would take a step and make the users feel at home when they visit your website, something like accounts & personalizing accounts to their needs, for example there might be a list of some sort where the user chooses some categories such as hosting websites, hosting a gaming server, or just personal use... Then from there you can sort of get him the best matches with pros/cons, you might even take it a step further and ask him where he's located at or where his user base is located in an attempt to give his users lower ping

Then from there after he chooses all that and you offer him the list of the best possible matches he goes from your website to their website, now if I were you I would make a deal with these other websites when you grow & they would actually pay you for this as they would end up getting more customers, but hey that's your choice... Then after he goes from the link you provide and he actually gets the VPS he has a period of 10-20 days to rate their service with respect to ping & customer support, then you get the idea you will just show the ratings...

I got some other cool features in mind but I'm just gonna throw this at you & see what you think before I throw another list at you xD
Heya mate,
Thanks for the detailed feedback. To be honest it is very likely I will not be adding an option to register.
The site which inspired me didnt have registration either and that was acctually something I cheerished as it was simple & easy to access. I see where you wanna get at but bear in mind that I will be limiting the site to 10-15 hosting providers to only present the stable and solid services. Of course I will add some sort of categories where Id specify a provider "best suited for gameservers/webspaces..". Another thing I will try to do is to implent a dynamic rating system which is influenced 50/50 by the visitors of my site and myself so the toplist acctually will be changing according to peoples feedback. I am not sure though if I will allow comments as I can imagine this to get quite messy and a pain to supervise to prevent hate/spam comments.
Now you were saying you were gonna go for some personalization hence the signup idea. Well, for that very reason and support with the server I will be in live Chat :) Categories and mechanisms to compare and find your match are not the worst choice but when you feel you need something special and you dont see my hosting providers offering your very requirements or unsure which one to choose this is where I will gladly assist you. Almost forgot: I will most likely be thinking of a new name :p

Thanks for the feedback!

Kind regards,
Damon

Good to see someone willing to spend their time onto such topic. Might seem ridiculous at first but this may for sure help many starting projects, and many download&run servers. (insert a kappa here).
Keep it up. ;)

off-topic: @Fantasy Mage try being less obvious in post hunting.

So you got inspired by someone and you decided to be his concurrent? :p jk jk

Good luck with your project. If you need anything you can contact me. (not sure if I can help you tho.)

So you got inspired by someone and you decided to be his concurrent? :p jk jk

Good luck with your project. If you need anything you can contact me. (not sure if I can help you tho.)
Well the guy which inspired me reviewed VPN. I am going for VPS so it's kinda different^^

Thanks mate :) Once I decide upon a name I might need a logo :p

Well the guy which inspired me reviewed VPN. I am going for VPS so it's kinda different^^
Ah, I see :p

I don't think VPS-Unlimited is still a bad name for this project tbh. I think you can use them for both projects. Only the quote doesn't really suits it then xD

"Review your vps! The sky is the limit!"
:p

As always you're a dream coming true @Damon :)

I think the name is great, maybe it sounds a bit maxed out if its only counceling but I think you should stick with it.. better than to change and if you go back to hosting change again? Nah.. keep it! It's a catchy name that sounds professional and serious, imo.

As always you're a dream coming true @Damon :)

I think the name is great, maybe it sounds a bit maxed out if its only counceling but I think you should stick with it.. better than to change and if you go back to hosting change again? Nah.. keep it! It's a catchy name that sounds professional and serious, imo.
Haha thanks for the words of encouragement mate :) And yeah from that POV the name really sounds not all bad, eh? :D

Back