• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Walkingdragon's Drawing Corner

walkingdragon

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello people, as most of you (or some I guess) know I am a brony, well as of late I've taken up drawing again (more like free-hand sketching) and have turned my likes towards... You guessed it, MLP (My Little Pony), I haven't drawn since I was 13 and I just recently started again so I'm somewhat rusty on things like porportions, original shape to reduced/enlarged shapes, etc.

I would like people to follow these rules as I plan to hopefully continue...

1) NO direct flaming towards me just because I like or draw MLP please, this is what will most likely make me lose cause to draw again.
2) If you don't like my drawings, don't keep coming back here.
3) I will ATTEMPT to do requests but be assured, I'm always constantly doing something or don't have something to LOOK at while I draw since I do free-hand sketching.
4) Enjoy my work!

First drawing orig pic:
Gpr3Rp.png

My attempt:
DJTana12-30-12_zpsbeb219cf.png

My second drawing orig pic:
SvnkLV.png

My attempt:
DJTana1-11-13_zps1ed5ba5d.png

Good job! :)
they look so nice but i like to see other pics that arent Dargons

What does though mean? D;

- - - Updated - - -

Well I was requested by a friend in my clan on Counter Strike 1.6 to do her a goth pony... I've never really been around goth so I literally had to go with stereotypical... Well here's my work:

DJTana1-12-13_zps745f24c8.png

Here is a piece I just finished, I decided to have some fun (because of a friend) and cross referenced MLP with HP (My Little Pony with Harry Potter):
DJTana1-13-13_zpsa991a62b.png

and here is the main reason why I cross referenced them:
[video=youtube;FWtO0cfgewY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtO0cfgewY[/video]

Yeah, when you posted "I haven't drawn since I was 13" I was expecting some crap (like I would spew out if I attempted to draw)
But these are pretty good :D

Keep it up man,
Red

@Vtune: YUSH! I plan on drawing or attempting to draw something other than ponies in the near future but they are (that I found out) good practice for curves and porportions... That being said I might stick with them for abit longer...

@Red: Honestly, my first drawing I attempted of MLP (it was a custom one) was pretty shit, then I did Luna and found that I do a better job when just free-hand tracing/sketching but I was just requested another custom pony... Pumpkin Pie, I've kinda already got an image in my head but yeah...

@All: Thanks for the support you are giving me, I didn't really expect ANYONE to approve or be supportive :3

Your base and outline is quite well but your coloring needs improvement, I would suggest sketching it, scanning it, and then coloring it on softwares such as photoshop, that's what a lot of artists do nowadays

Your base and outline is quite well but your coloring needs improvement, I would suggest sketching it, scanning it, and then coloring it on softwares such as photoshop, that's what a lot of artists do nowadays

I am hoping to get a drawing tablet so that way I can just draw and color from that

And from most of your reference pictures, most of the coloring is just paint bucket with some glare, so yeah, photoshop coloring is probably the best way to go, if you will get a drawing tablet, I strongly recommend one that shows the monitor on the tablet itself, I had one that you had to look at the screen while drawing, and damn I hate it, just can't get used to it.

Just did my custom pony, not coloring it in since I plan on doing what Prest said, I will upload the pic when I'm done photoshopping it. (Basically just filling in the lines and coloring it to make it look like a normal pony...) @Slurp: What kind of french draw do you want? MLP, Cartoonish human, waht?

- - - Updated - - -

So I just drew this piece up, I actually finished the rough draft last night:
DJTana1-14-12_zpsaad5022a.png

Last edited:
Back