• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

War server: No magic

Since youre probably not getting the desired feedback with questions ill help out a bit.

Class - Bard
Attack style - hand to hand
Weapon types - musical instruments

In pvp you dont just need attackers, imo pvp best relates to pvm. Same exact style. You need a good tank, a few shooters, and a healer/buffer.

Thus the idea for your server arose. You cant use magic a all but! Hearing isnt a part of magic last time i checked. When a player is in a certain radius of a bard playing a certain song, they get buffed. Nothing to big to make the class unfair though.

But let me remind you many people will choose to play as a new class singing different songs to buff different players. But to buff a knight with a 2x2 or a 3x3 radius. You will be rather close to the combat rendering danger to that bard. SO! As a player you can have no more than 2 buffs at a time. Every time a 3rd is casted the first will disappear. Like paralyze and haste.

I can provide more details if interested but not goin to rant abou something that wont get a second though. Let me know.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well, not really a bard, but some kind of priest/monk.
Uses prayers to deliver confidence and motivation, which then would give boost in certain areas.

But, I like your idea of a bard that plays instruments, I might even consider that idea.
Music is so powerful, it sends a powerful message that a human would translate into some form of confidence and motivation.

Just one catch, how would they attack?

This would take the 7.6 skill-killing back a bit, using traps etc to kill each other. Lovely idea, good luck! :)

I'm gonna start working on it today.

Should this war server be team-balanced? Meaning, when you log in, you are assigned to a team.
I already have a team switching system for those that want to be with friends. (http://otland.net/f251/regarding-rook-war-168446/index3.html#post1628135)
This would potentially get more people to play and it would at least give a purpose for the 3rd vocation, Bards.

How about removing the auto attack? And make the "auto attack" something like each time u click it hits once(even tho it'd have cooldown);

its not that hard to remove the auto-attack, if auto attack is removed, how would you attack? only using skills?

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of removing auto-attacks. I'm just going to keep them in.
Though, each weapon class will have some bonuses, like axes have a small chance of making the target bleed, or a club weapon have a chance of making the target dizzy (drunk)
Each instrument for bards will do different things like ease (clear conditions), buff, area damage, ect. So on so forth for the other stuff.

Their attack style is Hand to Hand. Meaning they can either use their fists or use small weapons such as dagger, club, small axe. . .etc. Nothing that would require 2 hands to attack with. Such as a katana would in real life. You can't swing it with one hand you can't wield it as a bard. And they would have certain songs that they could play for themselves to boost their other songs. Such as if one Bard is casting (insert song name) with the same area of exori. If another bard is in that area their songs will have a 4-5% more efficiency rating. Such as if you are in the area and casting a large "motivation" spell in a 5x5 area for 10 seconds. It will give 4% more "motivation" and 4% longer duration. Thus creating a problem with too many bards doing that to get stacked songs. That is where the 2 songs comes in to play. You CAN NOT have more than 2 songs being played in the same area. It's too over whelming for a humans ears and one is blocked out.

Sorry that's all one paragraph just got home and a bit tired. If you have a skype add "Grim.Shot.88" Much easier to talk then type atm :D

Back