• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Warning when posting a new thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 92788
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92788

So there is alot of people posting stuff like in the advertisment thread and it violates the rules etc etc and they get deleted so I thought it would be good if you got a notation when posting a thread like when you get a new PM.
Maybe something like this;
WARNING, You're about to post a new thread, have you read the rules and our sticked threads?
Press no to read them.
Yes No'
What do you think? This could be for just some boards and not all of them

I think they deserve it if they don't read the stickies and rules before posting in the first place.
Ye but most of them are like new people and they rush to post a thread so this would be a good thing cause they would probobly read them.

Ye but most of them are like new people and they rush to post a thread so this would be a good thing cause they would probobly read them.

You do realize that they're gonna randomly press continue instead of actually reading the rules anyway?

You do realize that they're gonna randomly press continue instead of actually reading the rules anyway?
Not everyone will, would atleast reduce the chance of people posting wrong and getting their threads deleted by atleast 50%

You're forced to read the rules when you create an account, if I'm not mistaken.

You're forced to read the rules when you create an account, if I'm not mistaken.

You're not forced to read the stickies, rules doesn't include where or how to create a thread in a proper way.

I would suggest something show up similar to how a new private message "notification" does (if enabled in General Settings). You shouldn't receive a new PM about it, ha ha.

Either way, I doubt this will be implemented. :rolleyes:

You're not forced to read the stickies, rules doesn't include where or how to create a thread in a proper way.

Of course it doesn't, the point is that you know what CAN'T be included in the thread/post.

I would suggest something show up similar to how a new private message "notification" does (if enabled in General Settings). You shouldn't receive a new PM about it, that's just...retarded.

Either way, I doubt this will be implemented. :rolleyes:
Ye thats what I said? Something like getting a notification when getting a PM.

Chances are people going to post illegal content anyways, even if they have been warned.
It's best for a mod to just delete it and let the member figure out what the problem is him/herself.
If there's any doubt, just post on the feedback board, a mod would be there to explain.

Maybe apply this proposal only for those who are creating their first ever thread/post.

If they don't read the stickies its their problem, also:
Rules
Addendum 5:
There may be sticky threads on several boards that work as an addition to these rules. Every sticky thread containing board rules should be checked and followed.

You do realize at least 80% of the people who get their threads deleted in the advertising board are kiddos who are only focused on the money and won't even read the warning, right?