• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

/watch gm talkaction TFS1.0

otuserbyme

Reaction score
I would like to request a talkaction for TFS 1.0 1041

name- /watch ex. /watch bob

it watches his chat history with a timer so you can see if they are using a bot to cast spells.
when a watched played casts a spell, it starts a log with time so you can see what spells he is using and how many seconds are between casts (bots would have a steady time)

I have no clue how to do this so any input or ideas on it would be great and as always thanks for any help

Its a good idea I'm sure it can be done without editing the sources however It wouldn't be just 1 script I would imagine it spanning multiple files and or directories

This can be done, it's actually a good idea. If I can find the time then, if no one else has made this I will try it.

just trying to help fight the bot thing and this was all I could think of
would this be with function Player.showTextDialog ?

No I would think that you may use some channel functions, if not, maybe have to write some code within chatchannels scripts....

This could be done many ways. Modalwindow, textdialog, created log, however....

I think the problem would be monitoring default chat. Advertising, Help, English chat etc can be done through chat channel scripts, but not default as far as I know.

Would you not be able to just create another script and assign it with channel id 1? I haven't looked into the source, I supposed I just figured it was possible...

I thought so too, but I can't find a channel id for default chat in the source. I tried to just use channel id 1 but couldn't get it to work. Would be awesome if I'm wrong though.

I believe you are right. It is weird tho, I used this code

function onSpeak(player, type, message)
print("it works")
return true
end

and got nothing.

But when I say nothing I mean nothing, not a print in the console, not an error either. I have it in my .xml like this

<channel id="1" name="Default" public="1" script="default.lua" />

but nothing about any kinds of errors.

I should ask Mark I think...

sry was out of town a bit for the holiday
would it be good instead of monitoring the channel to do a check onCastSpell (don't know the name of that function but there should be 1 kinda like this somewhere) then a record time to the second for it? so each spell gets a time stamp?

i'm sure on old versions there was a folder called Log that save every thing happen , i'm on phone now and never logged into my laptop for 2 weeks so i forgot the data of tfs 1.0 , but if there a log folder that save files like old version player.txt
it can be done in lua then ,, just import data from logs/" .. "+.txt
And take action will be empty to use player name so if file exist i will read the whole thing in player.txt

For example file saved called evil skillz.txt
So when i say /watch evil skillz
It will spam his txt , but it would be awesome if we can let txt file add date to words so we can do this /watch evil skillz , 25.12.2014
So this spam that day only

If you mainly want to see how often they casts spells and not what they are actually typing, it can be done in LuA without changing the source.
If you want to monitor what he is typing in different channels I believe you have to edit the source.

Also, logs only record GM commands if i'm not wrong.
And it would be a bad idea to use that way if you could, as you have to read/write to/from disc a lot when its not actually needed.

i'm sure on old versions there was a folder called Log that save every thing happen , i'm on phone now and never logged into my laptop for 2 weeks so i forgot the data of tfs 1.0 , but if there a log folder that save files like old version player.txt
it can be done in lua then ,, just import data from logs/" .. "+.txt
And take action will be empty to use player name so if file exist i will read the whole thing in player.txt

For example file saved called evil skillz.txt
So when i say /watch evil skillz
It will spam his txt , but it would be awesome if we can let txt file add date to words so we can do this /watch evil skillz , 25.12.2014
So this spam that day only
If you mainly want to see how often they casts spells and not what they are actually typing, it can be done in LuA without changing the source.
If you want to monitor what he is typing in different channels I believe you have to edit the source.

Also, logs only record GM commands if i'm not wrong.
And it would be a bad idea to use that way if you could, as you have to read/write to/from disc a lot when its not actually needed.

You guys are both right, it is very possible (with just current lua -- not dependent upon source), in lua we can generate many files/filetypes. What I was thinking for a cooler version (my opinion) would be a talkaction, for a modalwindow (gm window), with the option to see someone's live text, in a new generated channel for the gm. That would be an awesome version, and I believe is still possible, I will have to come back to this idea, I don't know exactly where to start. But I believe there should be a way to make it show up in a new custom channel for gm (everything a player says on any channel), I just don't have the time to look into it right now.

Back