• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Water Vortex to teleport!?

Fonts

Reaction score
Hiho, i'm trying to make my water vortex act like a teleport so i edited it in the items.xml, but it won't let me select a location etc. like the magic forcefield in RME. I think i might have to add the id somewhere else?
Thank you for your time! :>
Edit in items.xml :

<item id="8632" article="a" name="water vortex">
<attribute key="description" value="You can see sunken ships deep down." />
<attribute key="type" value="teleport" />
</item>

Just make walkable water under it.

Code:
<movevent event="StepIn" actionid="x" script="watervortex.lua"/>

Code:
function onStepIn(cid, item, position, fromPosition)

local pos = x
    local player = Player(cid)

if player then
        player:teleportTo(pos)
        doSendMagicEffect(pos, CONST_ME_TELEPORT)
    end
end

Or you can try this:
Code:
        <attribute key="type" value="teleport" />
        <attribute key="effect" value="teleport" />

why not put walkable water under it, a teleport on top of that and finally the water vortex on top of it all? i think the vortex covers the portal up completely.

why not put walkable water under it, a teleport on top of that and finally the water vortex on top of it all? i think the vortex covers the portal up completely.
No the water vortex will end up under the teleport, it always does :p

Thank you all for your answers, instead i made it act like a hole so you fall instead of being tped.

Altho if someone else tries to do it, i think the only thing i had to do was to edit the items.xml in RME like Ninja said.

Back