• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

We need a conclusion about the virus notification in IP Changer

Do you think the IP Changer has virus?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

divegia

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Many players complain that the ip changer I got in my website got virus.
I myself didn't believe it until I scanned the file and found alerts saying it does.

I've read in athread that it isn't a virus, but I have never seen a serious analys of it.
Can we draw the conclusion that there are no viruses in the IP Changer? If not, how do I keep my visitors/players (and myself) safe in this situation?

Here is a screenshot and a link to the scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/sv/file/...764012aacecb7867f3654451/analysis/1482274201/
ekfqN

DrWeb, McAfee, McAfee-GW-Edition and fucking Zillya.

And the better anti viruses didn't catch it... damn son those must be badass.

Well, that would be a logic fallacy saying: "the better anit viruses didn't catch it, therefore there is no virus".
These are just rhetorical statements, I am looking for fact and evidence that there actually is no virus. A deeper analys would be what I prefer. Have someone made an analysis of this yet?

If Mark wanted us to get infected by viruses. He would infect otland lol.. It's just shitty antiviruses detecting that shit. However if you have 8.60 on your website Google may block your website.

@Tarek1337 I am not suggesting Mark wants us to get infected by viruses, all I want is a deeper analysis that these alerts could be dissmissed as "fake". At the moment I haven't found that. Maybe the source code is released somewhere? So that could be checked, then recompilad and scanned to see if the alert still is there.

It is just something I'd like to be able to promise my users - that using the IP changer, is completly safe.

@Tarek1337 I am not suggesting Mark wants us to get infected by viruses, all I want is a deeper analysis that these alerts could be dissmissed as "fake". At the moment I haven't found that. Maybe the source code is released somewhere? So that could be checked, then recompilad and scanned to see if the alert still is there.

It is just something I'd like to be able to promise my users - that using the IP changer, is completly safe.
https://github.com/jo3bingham/tibia-11-ip-changer/releases

That is a ipchanger for tibia 11.

The reason why it's detecting virus is because @Mark 's ipchanger have a autoupdater and that maybe triggers the antiviruses because its trying to downlaod files from the internet. idk.

That is a ipchanger for tibia 11.

The reason why it's detecting virus is because @Mark 's ipchanger have a autoupdater and that maybe triggers the antiviruses because its trying to downlaod files from the internet. idk.

Yeah, I found something similar in virustotals description.

Thanks for the references. I have already checked these sources, which aren't the same sources as the compiled exe file though.

If you're going to put on a tin foil hat, you should assume that no software on your computer is safe. Not even open-source software or software you've written yourself, because what if the compiler is malicious? Security issues are regularly discovered in operating systems, does that mean they're not safe? In fact, even your hardware could (and probably does) have backdoors. How do you know what runs in Intel ME in Intel processors? You have to draw a line somewhere, and if you don't trust me, why would you trust the analysis of a stranger?

If you're going to put on a tin foil hat, you should assume that no software on your computer is safe. Not even open-source software or software you've written yourself, because what if the compiler is malicious? Security issues are regularly discovered in operating systems, does that mean they're not safe? In fact, even your hardware could (and probably does) have backdoors. How do you know what runs in Intel ME in Intel processors? You have to draw a line somewhere, and if you don't trust me, why would you trust the analysis of a stranger?

@Mark
I am not saying I am not trusting you, but what I am looking for is better proof for my users. It is hard to convince an user, who often doesn't know the developer of the IP changer and all the hard work, and of course not the limitations of the anti virus softwares. When they get the virus alert message, they get scared without a doubt. That is why I am looking for a deeper analysis, so I easily could convince the users that nothing is wrong with the IP changer. Just saying, no there is no virus in the IP changer hasn't worked good for me when I speak to them.

By the way, is the source code realeased for this ip changer?
http://static.otland.net/ipchanger.exe

Thanks for taking your time to answer, and again, I am not saying there is avirus or making any speculations about that. Hopefully this thread will be useful for other people who also might get these virus alerts.

@Mark
I am not saying I am not trusting you, but what I am looking for is better proof for my users. It is hard to convince an user, who often doesn't know the developer of the IP changer and all the hard work, and of course not the limitations of the anti virus softwares. When they get the virus alert message, they get scared without a doubt. That is why I am looking for a deeper analysis, so I easily could convince the users that nothing is wrong with the IP changer. Just saying, no there is no virus in the IP changer hasn't worked good for me when I speak to them.

By the way, is the source code realeased for this ip changer?
http://static.otland.net/ipchanger.exe

Thanks for taking your time to answer, and again, I am not saying there is avirus or making any speculations about that. Hopefully this thread will be useful for other people who also might get these virus alerts.

A deeper analysis is unlikely to help unless it proves the software to be unsafe. My point is that you can’t prove that software is safe, only that it’s unsafe by providing evidence of malicious actions performed by the software.

A deeper analysis is unlikely to help unless it proves the software to be unsafe. My point is that you can’t prove that software is safe, only that it’s unsafe by providing evidence of malicious actions performed by the software.

@Mark Thanks for your replies.
Not being able to prove it's unsafe would be a good reasons for the users to believe it's safe. Not being able to prove it is unsafe doesns't mean it is safe though, but still it would feel safer than proving it is unsafe.
As you said, we have to draw the line somewhere, and the line should be a more realistic one. Of course security issues are found in the OS (and all kinds of softwares) regularly, but then again, these are issues that often have been abused by people who found them before they've gotten fixed. Or because they abused them so much they were found and fixed. It is a fact that there are viruses all over the internet, viruses we know about and viruses we still don't know exists.

Again, I am not here to point out that the software has virus. It's a great software, used by many people and it works great. I am just here to get some more knowledge so I can provide better support for my users.

Are you thinking about releasing the source code in github someday or is it private?

Last edited:
Back