• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Weapons.xml seems to have changed from vocation allowed to vocation disallowed

UberLerd

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm running TFS 1.5 (latest) and after the update this week it appears that the behavior in weapons.xml has switched from explicitly allowing vocations to use weaponry to disallowing the specified vocation(s) from using that weaponry.

For example, the wand of vortex allows sorcerers to use it per the weapons.xml, however the sorcerer is now the only vocation that cannot use this wand.

Lua:
<wand id="2190" level="7" mana="2" min="8" max="18" type="energy"> <!-- Wand of Vortex -->
    <vocation name="Sorcerer" />
</wand>

I confirmed this bug by changing the allowed vocation to Knight, and then the knight was the only vocation incapable of using the wand of vortex.

I've searched all over the forums and have not found anyone else experiencing this behavior. I haven't changed any code on my server. The only change was that docker image updated over the week.

I'm running TFS latest from the official repo with the ORTS datapack ported to TFS made available by Epuncker.

Weapons.h
C++:
bool hasVocationWeaponSet(uint16_t vocationId) const
{
    return !vocationWeaponSet.empty() && vocationWeaponSet.find(vocationId) != vocationWeaponSet.end();
}

Replace the != with ==

Last edited:
Weapons.h
C++:
bool hasVocationWeaponSet(uint16_t vocationId) const
{
    return !vocationWeaponSet.empty() && vocationWeaponSet.find(vocationId) != vocationWeaponSet.end();
}

Replace the != with ==
Thank you. Do you know if this was a recent change in TFS? I'd rather not have to build my own docker image for every update, but I'm fine with that if I must.

Back