• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Website Using Sqlite?

hedon34

Death Ninja/Hedon/The Bye Bye Man
Reaction score
The server i downloaded has sqlite to edit the players. I was wondering what acc manager i would use or even if i could to have a website,

technically: yes
realistically: no
just use mySQL, sqLITE is only really any good when you're hosting the server on your own pc and can't get mySQL set up correctly, other than that it's pretty worthless IMO

In terms of speed SQLite is far superior, because it is essentially a database file that is being directly accessed. MySQL on the other hand is a service, a process that handles and manages data, as well as offers applications an interface to read/write that data, so there's bound to be some delays.

In terms of running a server that uses a website for account management, using SQLite is not a very good idea since it requires some rather sophisticated methods to properly access the data (Sockets).
This also raises a lot of security concerns.

So in the end... Is it possible? Yes.
Is it recommended? Definitively no.

Last I checked GeisorACC was the only web account management system that could handle SQLite files, but from what I've heard, it's full of security glitches and issues that may or may not compromise account security.

In terms of speed SQLite is far superior, because it is essentially a database file that is being directly accessed. MySQL on the other hand is a service, a process that handles and manages data, as well as offers applications an interface to read/write that data, so there's bound to be some delays.

In terms of running a server that uses a website for account management, using SQLite is not a very good idea since it requires some rather sophisticated methods to properly access the data (Sockets).
This also raises a lot of security concerns.

So in the end... Is it possible? Yes.
Is it recommended? Definitively no.

Last I checked GeisorACC was the only web account management system that could handle SQLite files, but from what I've heard, it's full of security glitches and issues that may or may not compromise account security.
this is what i was trying to say, but explained much better ;)

And in terms of pretty much everything else SQLite is worse.

Back