• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weird animated borders problem.

Fresh

Quack!
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there OTLanders!

I found an weirdo strange bug with animated borders,
Video:

Description:
If I fresh "first start" client and log-in to the game, animated borders (like water on video) are ok (animated correctly) but if I go outside from screen and go back again, the whole synchronization in their animation is fucked up.

Anyone meet the same problem and solved it, maybe?
If yes, I will be very glad if you can share solution for this problem in this thread for everyone!
Thanks in advance!

It probably happens because your animation within Item class is based on the current frame of the object itself rather than the global clock variable, so when you login all objects are constructed at the same time and they look fine, but when you visit them one by one each object is constructed in a different time frame.

The code responsible for it is here:

Basically for animations to be synchronous towards global clock you need to have m_async set to true. However, an item can use animator (which it can't in this case) which then again will be synchronous to its construction time rather than synchronous towards global clock.

@Iryont I'm very glad that you reply to my thread. Thanks!
I read your tip and this piece of code (place) that you sent me and I will work with it.
Thank you for guiding me on the right path! 🥰

I think I had the problem and I solved it in OB, so probably changes in source are not req.
Ensure every duration of frame are the same:
1588984086948.png
1588984026425.png

Attachments

@4drik My durations between the frames are same.
But.. I don't have options like you sent on this image:
1588984026425-png.45400

in my objectbuilder...

Back