• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weird Lag Issue w/ Debian Lenny

Killerwoot

Jus Blaze.
Reaction score
When I'm on my dedicated server and there is no movement from any npc or person on the screen I get absolutely no lag, just as good as localhost. As soon as an npc or player starts moving, I start lagging.. little freezes. The CPU usage doesn't go higher than 5% and there's still 3GB of RAM free. Anyone ever had this problem or know anything I can do, it really sucks. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Are you using some kind of donation system/shop ?

Nope, I don't even have the website up yet. And, I'm pretty sure it's not the net connection cause it downloads at 10MB/s and uploads at 500KB/s. I get on average 25 ping to the server without any fluctuations.

Check globalevents and mods and remember if you use 0.4
delays are
0.4 = 1second = 1000
0.3.6 = 1second = 1
:)
If you have globalevent with interval 30 in 0.4 it will cause lag, I hope you understood.

About checking mods, just drag them off from mods folder for testing :)

Check your phpmyadmin database, they could have something wrong there, if not, change your TFS Distro, to a new one,

I've tried multiple databases, new one, used one. I've also tried multiple TFS distro's and just normal OTServ SVN. It just lags when something else on screen is moving. And it doesn't just do it for me. When nothing on the screen is moving there's absolutely no lag. I've changed the priority, tried lots of things. :S

When I'm on my dedicated server and there is no movement from any npc or person on the screen I get absolutely no lag, just as good as localhost. As soon as an npc or player starts moving, I start lagging.. little freezes. The CPU usage doesn't go higher than 5% and there's still 3GB of RAM free. Anyone ever had this problem or know anything I can do, it really sucks. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Having Exatly the same problem, Distro is TFS 0.4.

Back