• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Weird problem executing theforgottenserver

Diarreamental

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello otland

well i have a weird problem executing theforgottenserver.exe

recently i have bought a new pc with windows 10 i updated it( no more updates can be found). Downloaded msvc, 2019, followed the compiling tutorial with vcpkg.
Everything seems to be going properly, compiled the server without errors but when i tried to execute the exe nothing happpened.
I'm using the forgottenserver 772 downgraded by nekiro with xampp + znote acc in my other pc the exe works without problems.(haven't tested with latest comits anyway)
i tried executing it via cmd but nothing...( im using clean datapack and sources to check this)

Code:
C:\Users\diarreamental\Desktop\TFS772 1.3>theforgottenserver-x64.exe

C:\Users\diarreamental\Desktop\TFS772 1.3>

any ideas @Nekiro ?

Last edited:
Hello otland

well i have a weird problem executing theforgottenserver.exe
recently i have bought a new pc with windows 10 i updated it( no more updates can be found). Downloaded msvc, 2019, followed the compiling tutoria with vcpkg.
Everything seems to be going properly, i compiled the server without errors but when i tried to execute the exe nothing happpened.
I'm using the forgottenserver 772 downgraded by nekiro with xampp + znote acc in my other pc the exe works without problems.
i tried executing it via cmd but nothing...

Code:

any ideas?
Post automatically merged:

should work with cmd

Post automatically merged:

should work with cmd
i tried with msvc as i said i get this
Code:

by just clicking on the exe a windows appears but it gets instantly closed, this does not happens with other distributions, i thought that maybe my config.lua was wrong i changed it but the issue persists, also in my older computer i don't have this problem

i tried with clean datapack and sources the same issue.

Last edited:
i tried with msvc as i said i get this
Code:

by just clicking on the exe a windows appears but it gets instantly closed, this does not happens with other distributions, i thought that maybe my config.lua was wrong i changed it but the issue persists, also in my older computer i don't have this problem

i tried with clean datapack and sources the same issue.
thats true i did installed everything on a computer windows 10 too it doesn't start up i dont know whats going on then since i use linux

What you'll need to do is start a debugging session from Visual Studio. In Visual Studio go to Build->Configuration Manager... and change the Active solution configuration to Debug then Build the solution. Next you'll want to copy your data pack, config.lua, and all other necessary files to the same folder the debug build was output to (this is just an easy solution without having to change the target output directory). Then, in Visual Studio, start a debugging session (F5) and wait for it to break. If for some reason it doesn't break and just stops execution, open otserv.cpp and set breakpoints on the first line of the main and mainLoader functions, start a new debugging session and step through until you can pinpoint what the issue is.

Most of the times such things are caused because people don't use the default data pack and just place something else they just found inside, so the folder structure or other stuff is odd or missing.

Most of the times such things are caused because people don't use the default data pack and just place something else they just found inside, so the folder structure or other stuff is odd or missing.
i tested everything with clean datapack, the new exe isnot loading at all, not even the database.. the windows just pop up in black and gets instantly closed.
I tested with cmd and this is what i get S:
Code:

yes, im sure thet are in teh same folder that config.lua file and exe
i can open other distributions, but with this one the windows pop ups in black for few secs and it just closes

You added your mysql info? Can you try running it using this one I just compiled a minute ago.

Attachments

You added your mysql info? Can you try running it using this one I just compiled a minute ago.
did you triied to log into? im checking with @Evil Hero and here we re with issues

edit:wtf with yours everything load properly im using latest vcpkg files and msvc2019 ofc i installed libraries via powershell/git
which msvc did you used? @M0ustafa

I followed instructions here, Used Visual studio 2019 and latest vcpkg.

Solution
I followed instructions here, Used Visual studio 2019 and latest vcpkg.
I changed the project solution for what daniello says i compild but my exe still won't load anything
although your opens without problems S:
you added something else?

So you changed to Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 and it still doesn't work because that is the only option I changed on compiling process.

So you changed to Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 and it still doesn't work because that is the only option I changed on compiling process.
now i did properly and it's working i wrongly changed it to another option, now its running and working, thanks

Wich was the option so if anyone else have the same problem can solve it too
Streaming SIMD Extensions 2
the seccond option of this tutorial

Back