• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What about donation items?

This donation idea is ok or not?

• Total voters

mijnoma

Learning to build ot
Reaction score
I was reading around the forum.
I was actually trying to find out what a normal level was to kill orshabaal cuz i think my manarunes are a lil weak, so if someone can tell that it wou be great :p

But now why I started this topic:

I was reading a topic and I saw that you guys are pretty negative about donations and giving items in return of them. Some quotes: "pay4power" "pay2win" and some more like these.

I'm busy creating my own ot server now and allready made a donation set. Since all ot's I've ever played have donations, I kinda feel it's a must have for a server to succeed. I see many players donate on succesfull servers.

How do you guys think about donating and giving better items in return?
The items I made give all skills +5 (not a huge profit) and 75 mana per second per item and have a lil better blocking then the best item in it's type.

So players get a lil bit profit ingame as reward from donating without being extremely overpowered like I see in other servers, such as Spider OT.

Should this be a lil bit fair or do you guys think it's a no go for a good server? Please answer in the poll and feel free to post comments to improve my idea

Please vote guys.
I'm pretty serious about this. I might change them into quest items instead of donation items if you guys come with well based arguments.

Firstly, your question on Orshabaal depends on the type of server, what items you have, attack rate etc etc etc...

Second, from my point of view donations are fine if you have put the time and effort into the OT. I will have donations, but I have been making this OT for a long while, and will put money into advertising, a good dedicated server and possibly a vbulletin forum. If you have downloaded a server, changed a couple of things which took 5 mins or won't put money back into the game to enhance the playing experience then I don't see why people should pay you money

Depends if you want to give huge advantage to your donators or weak advantages, what levels are on your server and stuff like that will tell u if your donations are op, but personally, thats a choice, if you make a low exp server 300- , but imo i think % protection is the best thing on donation, every1 hits the same on monsters , but they tankier (donations should be optainable <-- if this is a word lol , ingame
^
=
you can get em ingame 2, bosses/quest (low drop rate)

True I downloaded a server, but it had only the basic options.
I had to find out and do everything by myself and help on the forum here.
There's still a long way to go until it will be online. Right because I don't want it to be like one of the thousands other servers. We're paying much attention on the map and i'll be upgrading to a higher client later since it's now 8.6 and that sux. Less items and stuff. Still looking for a good bugless tfs 9.7 or higher, and rme wich supports higher clients then 8.6 (if it even exists).
Spending money for advertising could possibly come later if the server is growing but in the beginning i'll just keep it at otservlist.org etc.

And yes, optainable exists but it's with a "b" obtainable

I voted "no", however, I think donations idea is OK but not the way you are describing. I don't know anything about your server but IMHO 600 mana per second regen is very over powered (assuming that you'll have rings, amulets, shields and weapons with bonuses in your shop). I like servers where donation items are just cosmetics(some special addon set, bigger houses etc.) or a little bit faster mount, that way it doesn't affect the gameplay of other players.

I gotta agree on this and will probably make some changes on them.
I've been playing spider ot before. That ultimate donation set including the rune and eventually death stick (it's the most powerfull weapon in there for those who haven't played) made people too overpowered. Impossible to survive in a pvp.

This set heals a total amount of 375 mana + hp per second wich is around the same as a manarune does at lvl 200. It's more about the armor/def they give. The amulet is a forever amulet wich protects at red and black skull too no further profits on it. There is no ring (yet). There won't be donation weapons because those will make players too overpowered wich i'm trying to prevent.

I'm trying to set the exp in a way that 5-6k will be the average so the set gives some profit but doesn't make players overpowered since they heal around 7k mana or hp with the runes at that level.
I chose regen instead of % protection, because the higher monsters will hit more (obviously) and the profit will gain at high levels that way. 1% of a 20k hit is 200. Wearing all the items will give a protection of 5% wich makes 1000 less damage, while the regen stays at 375.

The idea about bosses is cool. I'm gonna create a boss and entry that needs 6 players to pass. The boss will have a CHANCE to loot an item, and has an entry of 4 times a day.

SCRIPTING TIME!!! XD

Last edited:
nice areas to level (vip required) and the items what provides cipsoft (the rare ones), just that

I was reading around the forum.
I was actually trying to find out what a normal level was to kill orshabaal cuz i think my manarunes are a lil weak, so if someone can tell that it wou be great :p

But now why I started this topic:

I was reading a topic and I saw that you guys are pretty negative about donations and giving items in return of them. Some quotes: "pay4power" "pay2win" and some more like these.

I'm busy creating my own ot server now and allready made a donation set. Since all ot's I've ever played have donations, I kinda feel it's a must have for a server to succeed. I see many players donate on succesfull servers.

How do you guys think about donating and giving better items in return?
The items I made give all skills +5 (not a huge profit) and 75 mana per second per item and have a lil better blocking then the best item in it's type.

So players get a lil bit profit ingame as reward from donating without being extremely overpowered like I see in other servers, such as Spider OT.

Should this be a lil bit fair or do you guys think it's a no go for a good server? Please answer in the poll and feel free to post comments to improve my idea
Creating a OT; is creating a organization(business). Just like in real life- you have non profit organizations and you have profit organizations. It is totally up to you to choose what type of business you want to get into. You can feed the poor out of your own expense or you can feed your self. You pick :) hope that helps.

Back