• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What changed?

zippoxer

Reaction score
If I was to open a custom map 7.x OT in 2006-2010, I'd see a growing community of 20-50 people who keep coming back to it.

I would've been really unsatisfied with 10 players. But now? I gave up even looking up the amount of online players.

I opened such OT two weeks ago, and was really excited when I saw 12 players online. This number dropped to 6-8 really soon. But I was still excited. I knew I can't expect as many people as before.
Now this number is at 0-6. Many people quit and not many new join.

So yeah, I gave up looking up the amount of onlines. I leave it for myself and for the few who still enjoy hard nostalgic OTs.

If I had to pay for hosting though, I would consider shutting it down.

I look at the positive side, I leave this OT alive until my hosting is expired (9 months) and visit every evening to chat, hunt and have some fun with the few people who keep coming back.

I keep asking myself, what changed? Is it because less people are checking OTServlist? Is it because people just don't like 7.x low-exp custom maps anymore? Is it because people lost patience for hard OTs?

This same map with a buggy old distribution used to have 40 onlines every day. Then, what changed?

Could it be the best 7.x server what is currently online out there?

You should really learn better English before posting..
his english isn't bad
If I was to open a custom map 7.x OT in 2006-2010, I'd see a growing community of 20-50 people who keep coming back to it.

I would've been really unsatisfied with 10 players. But now? I gave up even looking up the amount of online players.

I opened such OT two weeks ago, and was really excited when I saw 12 players online. This number dropped to 6-8 really soon. But I was still excited. I knew I can't expect as many people as before.
Now this number is at 0-6. Many people quit and not many new join.

So yeah, I gave up looking up the amount of onlines. I leave it for myself and for the few who still enjoy hard nostalgic OTs.

If I had to pay for hosting though, I would consider shutting it down.

I look at the positive side, I leave this OT alive until my hosting is expired (9 months) and visit every evening to chat, hunt and have some fun with the few people who keep coming back.

I keep asking myself, what changed? Is it because less people are checking OTServlist? Is it because people just don't like 7.x low-exp custom maps anymore? Is it because people lost patience for hard OTs?

This same map with a buggy old distribution used to have 40 onlines every day. Then, what changed?
that's excatly what happened to my ots but i didn't give up i'm trying to get players don't give up do your best!

Now this is a discussion about @zippoxer server not @Mr Osama not his server. so please leave it.

No, this isn't a discussion about my server. This is a discussion about classic custom map servers and while his server isn't old school and it's another real map, I do consider 8.6 to be a classic compared to the versions of these days.

Back