• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What do I need to make a tibia server?

Jhanky23

Reaction score
I am looking to make a tibia server. I havent done one before this is completely new to me.

What do I need? for example do I need good internet?

Will I need a host?

What equiptment would I need?

What software etc?

and any other basic questions like that

thank you

Hosting on your PC isn't a good idea, You'll get so much lag/downtime/DDos attacks.
You'll need a host, Yes.
Nothing just the server datapack/engine -- map editor -- Lua script editor (Notepad++) or wtv.
Read this, Its supposed to have all what you are looking for.

Hosting on your PC isn't a good idea, You'll get so much lag/downtime/DDos attacks.
And you'd trash your pc alot.
Maybe not everyone cares, but I like keeping my pc clean and only installing stuff I actually need and will continue needing.
Nothing just the server datapack/engine -- map editor -- Lua script editor (Notepad++) or wtv.
You forgot the most important thing!
A brain! And if you are new to development patience!
Oh and a database, a webserver if it isn't going to be private and so on, but that kinda comes from the tutorials (which are outdated as fuck but well, good enough for OTs I guess...)

Back